Slow grow league/campaign

Kevin

Re: Slow grow league/campaign

Post by Kevin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:24 pm

January or February is fine with me - likely it buy stuff in advance to get it painted in time (not the fastest painter), though would limit available models to required level.

Let the planning commence.... :?

And will you want my Triad again for Crusade -I'll try to get another hero finished if so.
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:23 am

And it begins :censored:

last time (times?) I did this was with Orks (Nurgle) models. In both cases, I ended up with large quantities of 'on sprue' models which I eventually sold on as I couldn't be bothered to carry the projects on.
So little but often might be a better fit this time -
and last times it wasn't with others, so that might help.

Peter

Post by Peter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:19 pm

John wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:29 pm
Can I join this with an army I already have ie. My Skaven?
You can join with models already owned. It's a painting thing more than a gaming thing though. If you have an army that is already assembled/painted it might be worth just trying to get a game to learn the rules.
Minis painted in 2017: 120
Minis assembled in 2017: TBC

Peter

Post by Peter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Liam wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:21 pm
I'll bite. Can we start it in February though as January will be Wolsung month prepping for Crusade? If that doesn't suit everyone though I'll start in January and just not sleep :lol:
Depending on if I can get the Crusade stuff finished this month, I really want to start assembling them sky Dwarfs as soon as possible.

Sleep on the run up to Crusade is for wimps, :lol:

Kris

Post by Kris » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:48 am

I'd certainly be up for this. I'm starting on a Skaven Skyre army anyway. Looking at giving it a more technological theme - I intend to build my own skyships using the old man'o war ships as a base point. So my Warp Lightning Guns will resemble Warpfire Ships with their paddle wheels, my acolytes will have bionic replacements etc. I want to really play up how much the skaven technology has advanced.

Liam

Post by Liam » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Kris wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:48 am
I'd certainly be up for this. I'm starting on a Skaven Skyre army anyway. Looking at giving it a more technological theme - I intend to build my own skyships using the old man'o war ships as a base point. So my Warp Lightning Guns will resemble Warpfire Ships with their paddle wheels, my acolytes will have bionic replacements etc. I want to really play up how much the skaven technology has advanced.
That sounds like a great concept Kris, can't wait to see it on the table.
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 121
2018 models bought: 25

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:00 pm

If we plan on doing this, could we possibly plan to start in either February or March?
Think I might have time to actually get things sorted if that was the case - and if we did a 2 monthly growth (so say March start, then May, July, September, November) we could aim for a big game on the December 2018 long day.

And 2 months should give us all time to paint our toys. (or join in with other things).

Peter

Post by Peter » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm happy to go with Kev's suggestion.

Being one month on one month off allows everyone to play all the other games we know and love too.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:14 pm

And I brought my getting started box, so I'm set up now (at present, I have funds - after new year, maybe not).

Likely to have painted options (not all from the starter box) by the time this kicks in. And as such, should have a choice of starting options.

Liam

Post by Liam » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:41 pm

Kevin wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:24 pm
January or February is fine with me - likely it buy stuff in advance to get it painted in time (not the fastest painter), though would limit available models to required level.

Let the planning commence.... :?

And will you want my Triad again for Crusade -I'll try to get another hero finished if so.

Can't remember if I relied to you on this Kev but if you could add a hero to the Triad for the display game that would be great. Thanks.

As for the project, does this mean we are deciding on our pledges in February or that we have the first batch painted by then?
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 121
2018 models bought: 25