Slow grow league/campaign

Kevin

Re: Slow grow league/campaign

Post by Kevin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:24 pm

January or February is fine with me - likely it buy stuff in advance to get it painted in time (not the fastest painter), though would limit available models to required level.

Let the planning commence.... :?

And will you want my Triad again for Crusade -I'll try to get another hero finished if so.
Shadows of Brimstone // Dragon Rampant // Frostgrave // Relics // Godslayer // Strange Aeons // Wolsung // Dropzone Commander // Battletech (War of 3039 - Clan Invasion) // Armoured Clash (Dystopian Wars) // Dreadball //

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:23 am

And it begins :censored:

last time (times?) I did this was with Orks (Nurgle) models. In both cases, I ended up with large quantities of 'on sprue' models which I eventually sold on as I couldn't be bothered to carry the projects on.
So little but often might be a better fit this time -
and last times it wasn't with others, so that might help.
Shadows of Brimstone // Dragon Rampant // Frostgrave // Relics // Godslayer // Strange Aeons // Wolsung // Dropzone Commander // Battletech (War of 3039 - Clan Invasion) // Armoured Clash (Dystopian Wars) // Dreadball //

Peter

Post by Peter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:19 pm

John wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:29 pm
Can I join this with an army I already have ie. My Skaven?
You can join with models already owned. It's a painting thing more than a gaming thing though. If you have an army that is already assembled/painted it might be worth just trying to get a game to learn the rules.
Minis painted in 2017: 90
Minis assembled in 2017: 64

Peter

Post by Peter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Liam wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:21 pm
I'll bite. Can we start it in February though as January will be Wolsung month prepping for Crusade? If that doesn't suit everyone though I'll start in January and just not sleep :lol:
Depending on if I can get the Crusade stuff finished this month, I really want to start assembling them sky Dwarfs as soon as possible.

Sleep on the run up to Crusade is for wimps, :lol:
Minis painted in 2017: 90
Minis assembled in 2017: 64

Kris

Post by Kris » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:48 am

I'd certainly be up for this. I'm starting on a Skaven Skyre army anyway. Looking at giving it a more technological theme - I intend to build my own skyships using the old man'o war ships as a base point. So my Warp Lightning Guns will resemble Warpfire Ships with their paddle wheels, my acolytes will have bionic replacements etc. I want to really play up how much the skaven technology has advanced.

Liam

Post by Liam » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Kris wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:48 am
I'd certainly be up for this. I'm starting on a Skaven Skyre army anyway. Looking at giving it a more technological theme - I intend to build my own skyships using the old man'o war ships as a base point. So my Warp Lightning Guns will resemble Warpfire Ships with their paddle wheels, my acolytes will have bionic replacements etc. I want to really play up how much the skaven technology has advanced.
That sounds like a great concept Kris, can't wait to see it on the table.
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), Warhammer (O&G, Bretonnia), Firestorm Armada (Terran, Sorylian), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2017 models painted: 140
2017 models bought: 99

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:00 pm

If we plan on doing this, could we possibly plan to start in either February or March?
Think I might have time to actually get things sorted if that was the case - and if we did a 2 monthly growth (so say March start, then May, July, September, November) we could aim for a big game on the December 2018 long day.

And 2 months should give us all time to paint our toys. (or join in with other things).