Howl for Brand

Liam

Re: Howl for Brand

Post by Liam » Wed May 02, 2018 9:16 pm

Do we have an idea about when this will be held?
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 121
2018 models bought: 25

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Thu May 03, 2018 8:42 am

I think someone needs to to take the reins on this to ensure that it happens or to at least gauge interest.

Is anyone willing to do it?
X-Wing | Bolt Action | Infinity | Mordheim | Dropzone Commander | Wolsung

Owen

Post by Owen » Fri May 04, 2018 12:51 am

I think maybe we should have a poll to gauge interest.

As for date, maybe first Long Day after the Wolsung month? Should give people time to get a force together but not so long as to risk interest waning.

I think the committee also needs to have a chat to decide what, if any, prize it’ll have as that might sway those sitting on the fence.

I’m willing to be co-organiser for this, but due to how erratic my health is I need someone to be the other co-organiser who can step in if I can’t make it on the day; plus I have yet to get an actual game of 8th in yet, so it’d be useful to have someone with practical experience of playing 8th to assist. I’d also appreciate it if those participating arrived as early as possible on the day to help set tables up. It’d also be helpful if people take a look at the suggested tourney pack I posted a few posts back and gave feedback on it and give any suggestions for changes if they think it needs improvement (or at the very least post saying they like it if they think it’s good enough).

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Fri May 04, 2018 9:55 am

Owen wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:51 am
I think maybe we should have a poll to gauge interest.

As for date, maybe first Long Day after the Wolsung month? Should give people time to get a force together but not so long as to risk interest waning.

I think the committee also needs to have a chat to decide what, if any, prize it’ll have as that might sway those sitting on the fence.

I’m willing to be co-organiser for this, but due to how erratic my health is I need someone to be the other co-organiser who can step in if I can’t make it on the day; plus I have yet to get an actual game of 8th in yet, so it’d be useful to have someone with practical experience of playing 8th to assist. I’d also appreciate it if those participating arrived as early as possible on the day to help set tables up. It’d also be helpful if people take a look at the suggested tourney pack I posted a few posts back and gave feedback on it and give any suggestions for changes if they think it needs improvement (or at the very least post saying they like it if they think it’s good enough).
Hi Owen. Liam has also volunteered. Maybe you could work on it together?
X-Wing | Bolt Action | Infinity | Mordheim | Dropzone Commander | Wolsung

Liam

Post by Liam » Mon May 14, 2018 11:22 am

I’ve been thinking about the scoring system; while the scoring for the games seems fair, the scoring for painting seems rather convoluted at first glance for what we want to be a simple thing.

How about:
1 point for base-coated
3 points for painted (at least 3 colours) and based

And then we do a voting system where everyone can assign one point for best painted and one point for best sportsmanship? Each player is free to vote as they wish but they obviously can’t vote for themselves.

That saves quibbles over layer highlighting, shading, and what is converted and what isn’t :)

Do we have any idea how many are joining yet?
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 121
2018 models bought: 25

Owen

Post by Owen » Mon May 14, 2018 11:49 am

Sounds good to me. :)

Owen

Post by Owen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:18 pm

So are people still up for this? And when do people want this to be held?

I suggest the August Long Day - not too far away, but gives everyone a month break between the Wolsung Month and this.

John

Post by John » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Owen wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:18 pm
So are people still up for this? And when do people want this to be held?

I suggest the August Long Day - not too far away, but gives everyone a month break between the Wolsung Month and this.
I think the August long day would be better so it can also give people who haven't played 8th (Like me) a chance to learn the rules and play at least one game first.
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)