Solomon Kane Demo Game

Matt
Site Admin

Solomon Kane Demo Game

Post by Matt » Thu May 03, 2018 9:11 am

We've been contacted by Mark Tresidder, an ambassador from Mythic Games, offering to run a sneak peak session of their new game Solomon Kane.

Based upon the stories by Robert E. Howard (creator of Conan), Solomon Kane is a narrative adventure board game featuring exceptional 35mm miniatures. It is a highly innovative co-operative game of storytelling, resource management, and tactical miniatures play. Players take the part of the invisible powers of good and light who aid Solomon Kane in his quest to overcome the forces of Darkness. Each player is one of the four Cardinal Virtues: Courage, Prudence, Temperance, and Justice, each with special powers that reflect their unique role.

Mark has offered to come to us between mid May and June before the Solomon Kane kickstarter launches.

If you're interested, please drop a message in this thread. If we have enough interest I'll arrange for Mark to come and see us.

Matt
X-Wing | Bolt Action | Infinity | Mordheim | Dropzone Commander | Wolsung

Liam

Re: Solomon Kane Demo Game

Post by Liam » Thu May 03, 2018 4:49 pm

I'm always up for a demo game :)
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 112
2018 models bought: 25

Marc

Post by Marc » Thu May 03, 2018 7:21 pm

I’d be interested as I’ve been avidly awaiting the Kickstarter for this

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu May 03, 2018 8:15 pm

I'm with Marc on this.
Would be good to see how this works, as I'm on the fence at present about the KS, but Solomon is my favourite R. E. Howard character.
Dragon Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Age of Sigmar // Strange Aeons // Wolsung // Battletech (3039-3058) // Armoured Clash

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Thu May 03, 2018 9:14 pm

Awesome! I'll let Mark know and we'll arrange a date!

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Thu May 03, 2018 9:25 pm

100% interested in this.
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Fri May 04, 2018 6:53 pm

Mark will be coming Sunday June 17th!

(Not the 10th as previosly posted by me. He had a double booking)

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Tue May 08, 2018 8:09 am

solomon.jpg
solomon.jpg (157.03 KiB) Viewed 179 times

Owen

Post by Owen » Thu May 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Saw that BoW have recently put up a news artical on this game so posted a link to this thread in the comments.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Kickstarter up and running - and far all my 'thoughts' on the game, Backed It.

I played the first 2 acts of a game whilst at UKGE, and whilst I didn't dislike it, it didn't fire up my attention like other games I played. The KS is still a good deal, and I can always back out (like I did with Hellboy), and I've noticed differences with the game components used at UKGE and in the KS, so maybe the feel will improve. It is very narrative in it's nature, so not for everyone, and the coop system is 'different'.

I look forward to trying it out again, as I didn't play a whole game (2 virtues had to leave to catch their bus home), and hopefully that will sell me more.
Dragon Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Age of Sigmar // Strange Aeons // Wolsung // Battletech (3039-3058) // Armoured Clash