Crowd funding Campaigns

Liam
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Crowd funding Campaigns

Post by Liam » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:04 pm

As there seems to be hundreds of the buggers going on I thought it would be good to see who in club has pledged or supported something. That would give us all a good indicator of what stuff we should expect to see on the tables soon :)

I have pledged for Red box Games on Kickstarter and just finished a pledge for Wolsung by Microart studio over on Indiegogo. Both caught my eye due to quality and I am very much looking forward to getting them now. The Wolsung stuff, rules permitting, may actually replace Malifaux as my main skirmish game as I feel Wyrd miniatures are getting a little too OTT now. As for Red box, that guy is an amazing sculptor so getting a bulk load of his minis was a dream come true for me :lol: Now I just have to stop myself when Kingdom Death do theirs next month!

So, what about you guys?
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 203
2018 models bought: 30

Kevin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Crowd funding Campaigns

Post by Kevin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:13 am

All the stuff i've pledged for is due next year, and is 15mm Sci-Fi. So far, i have;-

Dreamforge Games - 3 of the Crusader Battlemech/walker models (well actually 2 Crusader and a Mortis, as i can mix and match models) and 4 alternate weapons - models have 'twist lock' mounts so weapons are interchangable. - this is funded

Load Ninja Games - 15mm Hi-Tech Lizard (raptor types) force - around 60 odd figures including command, PA troopers, APC and jetbikes. - this is still running.

As i said, next year is the year of the 15mm (for me, anyway)
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Kris

Post by Kris » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Only one I have bought into is the Reaper one. It was an insane number of models for the price. Won't see any until March, when the postie will turn up with a bill from HM Revenue and a demand to "Pay Up or else" :(

Figure its going to cost me another £50 to pay the duty owed, but even including that in the price its a ridiculously silly deal.

Going to have to be a brilliant campaign to get me to buy into any others between now and March.

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:44 pm

The only pledge I've made involves Glenfiddich so I don't think that counts! ;)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Black Ball games (?) have just put up a kickstarter for AE:-WW2 (David, this is for you), a second edition which tidies the rules and would include both first rulebook and occult supplement.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bla ... an-theater

Pity it's not 15mm, but then again - i like some of the figures (just don't think it's currently much of a saving, $5 or so in most cases).

Kris

Post by Kris » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Got to say that as far as I am concerned this is a pretty poor Kickstarter. Save $5 on a $40 set - pay $7 postage so its actually $42. You can buy from a UK discounter for less than that.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Agree totally, really only posted it as David once said he really liked the game, and some of the figures are nice/different. I think i'd (personally) wait until it gets released.

Liam

Post by Liam » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/133 ... aying-game

Wyrd are now getting into the act for their malifaux rpg. Hope the link works.
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 203
2018 models bought: 30

Dazz

Post by Dazz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:12 am

Up until now I've largley ignored these.... However my facination for all things Malifaux & shiny has been played apon.

What's the crack with this & how do i participate?
"Ya want to play huh?...Play me!! "
Warhamer (WoC Khorne).
40k (IG)
Mordhiem (10+ warbands)
Infinity (Ariadna) (CA)
Bolt Action (Gerrys, Brit airborne, Ruskies, US Marines, Japs)
Sword and spear (Republican Romans)

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:36 pm

Dazz wrote:Up until now I've largley ignored these.... However my facination for all things Malifaux & shiny has been played apon.

What's the crack with this & how do i participate?
Yeah, I noticed this too! :D
X-Wing | Bolt Action | Infinity | Mordheim | Dropzone Commander | Wolsung