Warhammer 40,000: 8th Edition

Re: Warhammer 40,000: 8th Edition

Postby Kevin » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:58 pm

Whilst I did not bite - I did see the models whilst at Firestorm on Friday for the @Legends of the Forgotten Realm' play through.

I totally agree about the new space Marine models, then present the impression of a giant warrior that should have been the case with them from the first.

And the Death Guard models - I'm not a fan of Chaos Spikey Bit marines, but they looked stunning. I do feel they were too individual, and I still have doubts over the number of spikey bits, but the modelling was superb.

Even may have tempted me, but I am strong in the faith of the lord. :lol:
Shadows of Brimstone // Dragon Rampant // Frostgrave // Relics // Godslayer // Strange Aeons // Wolsung // Dropzone Commander // Battletech (War of 3039 - Clan Invasion) // Armoured Clash (Dystopian Wars) // Dreadball //
Kevin

Postby Matt » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Yes, I got mine and very happy with it :D

I'm probably going to move the chaos on also. Do any Chaos players who picked up the set fancy a swap for the marines?
X-Wing | Bolt Action | Infinity | Dreadball | Mordheim | Dropzone Commander | Beyond The Gates of Antares
Matt
Site Admin

Postby Kris » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:22 pm

So GW have a summer campaign for 40k this year. Fate of Konos

https://warhammer40000.com/what-is-gala ... -of-konor/
Kris

Postby Kevin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:23 pm

So, what happened to GW :?:

I have yet to read a bad, or even vaguely negative, official review of the new rules. This is not on, as I can now no longer moan on continuously about how bad GW are.

Seriously though, they do seem to have hit the group running with this, which I feel can only be good for the 'Hobby' (and not the 'GW Hobby' anymore) in the long run. All the work put into structuring 'Sigmar' has paid off in full.

Welcome back GW - now, about Epic and Battlefleet Gothic :? :?:
Shadows of Brimstone // Dragon Rampant // Frostgrave // Relics // Godslayer // Strange Aeons // Wolsung // Dropzone Commander // Battletech (War of 3039 - Clan Invasion) // Armoured Clash (Dystopian Wars) // Dreadball //
Kevin

Postby Tibbles » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:11 am

Mhm, got to hand it to GW, they really did well with this ruleset, most armies seem to be more-or-less on the same playing field as one another.
Current projects: Thousand Sons/Knight Questoris Crusade ( Legion 30K),Clan Zap-Zap (Skaven, Age of Sigmar)
Tibbles

Postby Paul » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26 am

Tibbles wrote:Mhm, got to hand it to GW, they really did well with this ruleset, most armies seem to be more-or-less on the same playing field as one another.

I don't think that is the case. I think elite armies are struggling in the new game. Hordes, like orks nids , stealer cults seem to have the upper hand in my opinion.
The new rule set is awesome and it plays really well. The only rule for me that I think that would be better is disembarking from a vehicle, u can only do it before it moves. Apart from that I like it a lot.
Games I play: Star Wars x wing, armada, imperial assault, bolt action, AVP,40k, warhammer, and many others.
Paul

Postby Tibbles » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:30 am

I did mean to say compared to older editions at least, though you are right, Hordes are edging out the elite armies, which funnily enough, is the reverse of the past few editions :lol:

Thank you for correcting me though, I still think the game hasnt been in better shape than it is now, flaws are there, but what game doesnt have flaws?
Current projects: Thousand Sons/Knight Questoris Crusade ( Legion 30K),Clan Zap-Zap (Skaven, Age of Sigmar)
Tibbles

Postby Paul » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:24 pm

Tibbles wrote:I did mean to say compared to older editions at least, though you are right, Hordes are edging out the elite armies, which funnily enough, is the reverse of the past few editions :lol:

Thank you for correcting me though, I still think the game hasnt been in better shape than it is now, flaws are there, but what game doesnt have flaws?

Wasn't correcting matey just giving my opinion. You are right what game doesn't have flaws.
Games I play: Star Wars x wing, armada, imperial assault, bolt action, AVP,40k, warhammer, and many others.
Paul

Postby Richard » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:27 pm

I've only played a couple of games and watched a few so I haven't any hard and fast opinions yet on what armies are better or worse BUT I think the rules themselves are a big improvement for people like me who aren't competitive players but just out to push some models around the table and have a bit of fun. I haven't played or seen a one sided game yet (except maybe when a total novice took on a very experienced player - no, it wasn't me!) which was certainly not the case under the 7th edition. It's encouraged me to give 40K another go, which is good for me and even better for GW, which is something I honestly thought would not happen. :)
Richard

Previous

Return to Science Fiction General