Deadzone,Firefight,Warpath

John

Re: Deadzone,Firefight,Warpath

Post by John » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Yes, thanks for the game Bill.
I am now trying to find sites where I can read up about the use of the Plague.
(And I am going to "Lose" your dice before the next game!).
Plus where can I see the Plague Strider on Mantic?
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Bill

Post by Bill » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:02 pm

Enjoyed game last night first time i have used Plague. It's nice to have an army which can fight in the enemy deployment zone by turn 2.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:33 pm

Ok, I need to paint One Asterian model (so total model count 15) to get to 890pts .... Ho Ho Ho.
Then all I need as a Weapon Drone to take it up to 1000 (Beamer +90/Plasma Vortex +100) (980-990)
this has 7 command die (? might be 6, if the commander trait replaces the unit trait instead of adding to it

The Martians are currently at 560pts fully painted (40 models), with 410pts in the wings (either started or required to finish a unit - 4 painted/7 (6 of which I'm waiting for) unpainted troops and 3 Bugs). That's 1000pts (960).
this has 2 command die

so both forces 990pts, one with 15 Human sized models and one large one, the other with 51 Human sized models and 3 large ones. Now, if anyone has a weapon platform set - can't seem to find mine :cry_blow:

Edit - Platforms (2 of) found, so looks like the Asterian force could possibly be ready (i.e., fully painted) to 1000pts by end of year. The Martians not long behind, and likely to be the first to break the 1500pt level - target for both forces
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer.

Richard

Post by Richard » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:49 pm

David used his Jedi mind tricks to make me watch some Warpath videos and I’m hooked! :roll: To be honest I’d not really considered it as I thought it would be too similar to 40K (only in a different setting) BUT it looks a very different game. I really like the different order options, alternate unit activations and the role Suppression plays. It looks to be pitched at a tactical decision making level that really suits me. The upshot is that I was about to order some Forge Fathers when, in my mind, I heard a voice calling to me to ‘Feel the Enforce(ers) Richard’...the next thing I knew I had ordered an Enforcer Mega Deal on Mantic’s Christmas offer (25% off and free postage). Yep, David had struck again, playing on the fragility of an aged and confused OAP to create more opposition for his stunties!

Looking for some advice now as to what size Force I need to get sorted to have a few starter games. As things are well settled here I’ll be able to make quite a few of the Long Days this year to hopefully get some Warpath games in. If anyone would like to volunteer to Help the Aged conquer the universe then please let me know...go on, take one for the team! :lol:

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Most of us aim around the 1000pt mark, though general thought is 1500 would be optimal.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:42 pm

David is a bad man, I agree with Richard on this.

After giving me the Mars Attacks box at Crusade, I ended up revamping the Martian infantry formations, increasing the base size - because now I have (almost all) the models required. This means more painting of troop types (even if I can only finish 1 unit of Soldiers).

That means a more infantry heavy basic force, around 750points of 1000.

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:47 pm

Blamed for everything. :roll:

So, after ebay the models I have to put together are something like this:

2 Forge Lords
10 Forge Guard
30 Steel Warriors
15 Brokkr (2 big guns)
20 Militia
2 Half-tracks
2 Iron Ancestors

After reading the rules it was nice to see how they limit you taking lots of big tanks via the High Value system. At 1k Forge Fathers can't even take their best version of the tank.
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:19 pm

Generally, what's a tank?

John

Post by John » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:33 pm

I was looking at that - it's a big metal box, I know cos I can have them in my Plague! I'm supposed to use it to crash into things!
Also does anyone else have any Veer-myn other than Bill? I'm looking for one of the Weapon platforms wheels?
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:59 pm

MrDwhitey wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:47 pm
Blamed for everything. :roll:

So, after ebay the models I have to put together are something like this:

2 Forge Lords
10 Forge Guard
30 Steel Warriors
15 Brokkr (2 big guns)
20 Militia
2 Half-tracks
2 Iron Ancestors

After reading the rules it was nice to see how they limit you taking lots of big tanks via the High Value system. At 1k Forge Fathers can't even take their best version of the tank.
There’s Stunties...fowsends of ‘em! :roll:

After struggling a little with no instructions booklet I did manage to assemble 10 Enforcer squaddies and a Strider. Now I’ve some experience the next couple of squads should go together much more quickly. It did take me a while to find all the pieces for the Strider as they were split up between several small bags! A strange way to organise things but they do provide a substantial number of alternative assembly versions, eg totally enclosed, open topped or damaged versions can be assembled. After quite a bit of experimenting I’ve also settled on a colour scheme...checking with the Pope to confirm this may be the first miracle of 2018! Have to say that the models do paint up quite nicely. One of those situations where paint really does improve the model considerably. Sounds like I may need to order two more Enforcer Mega Armies to take on David’s Forge Farters. ;)