Adeptus Titanicus

John

Re: Adeptus Titanicus

Post by John » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Peter wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:28 pm
Mark wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:26 pm
I'm still in for the GM box- I have been looking at the rules and features on beast of war and other sites and it looks to have a lot of features that I liked in the old titan legions (decisions on where to direct power, repairs etc.) is in the rules. One of my favourite Dan Abnett books is Titanicus, and the constant struggle with the Machine spirit, and the "personality" of each engine is supposed to be represented as well...

Anyway- that is my pitiful attempt to justify the eye-watering spend!! :cry_blow: I will wait for it to come out in Firestorm (a commemorative coin from GW for the first 1000 pre-orders is not much of an incentive for me), use my £20 voucher and not tell the Wife the real price as usual!! ;)
Never tell the wife how much it costs :lol:
Best thing about being Divorced, not having to tell the Missus how much I just spent on "bits of 'Flippin' Plastic (also read Metal!)" :lol:
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Just seen a picture online (not tech savvy enough to post), old epic marine on rear platform of Warlord.
Maybe the scale is comparable with the old epic range.

Interesting 😎
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Kris

Post by Kris » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:42 am

Firestorm has everything listed for sale already. There is NO discount on the Grand Master box - it's £175.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:47 am

Hum - interesting.

Just did a quick total of the cost I buying all the bits separately - seems at the prices they are quoting you basically get the building frames free (2 sets of the small pack - 8 sprue total), they there is a saving of around £40.

That said, don't think I'll have any issue getting a box from Firestorm, the price is rather 'WTF' (you can get it cheaper elsewhere, but want to support Firestorm and not pay P&P).

Yes, I've still brought it.

Richard

Post by Richard » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:32 am

Kris wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:42 am
Firestorm has everything listed for sale already. There is NO discount on the Grand Master box - it's £175.
Quite interesting that Wayland are offering 20% off all the smaller boxes for this but are also NOT offering any discount on the Grand Master Box. Perhaps GW aren’t offering the usual retail discounts on this?

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:22 pm

If that's the case, slot of online retailers are taking a hit on the big box. Might just be down to limited stock, by more likely just trying to ensure the boxes move.

Firestorm did discount the other boxes, just not the big box.

John

Post by John » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:39 pm

Have just received a newsletter from Leodis Games and they are accepting Pre-orders for the Grand Master edition for £149.99, with free UK shipping.
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Owen

Post by Owen » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Richard wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:32 am
Kris wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:42 am
Quite interesting that Wayland are offering 20% off all the smaller boxes for this but are also NOT offering any discount on the Grand Master Box. Perhaps GW aren’t offering the usual retail discounts on this?
The Outpost is offering a discount; I managed to nab one for £138.50. They have the 2019 reprint marked up as £140 for those that missed out.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:51 pm

Pre-ordered mine from Firestorm- job done..
Battlefleet Gothic: Imperial Navy
Bolt Action: British
DZC: Shaltari
40k: Imperial Guard
Space Hulk
X-Wing: Imperial & Rebel

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:33 pm

Ended up getting 2 rules sets (more tokens, more dice, more terminals!), 2 warlords, 2 knight boxes and a small terrain box.

For the foreseeable future though I think I'll only be down club on long days for 3 hours. :cry:
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)