Warzone tries again

MrDwhitey

Re: Warzone tries again

Post by MrDwhitey » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:39 pm

Rumour is currently that there is going to be a two player starter set, Brotherhood versus Ilian.
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:04 pm

Looks like I know where I'll be picking up the new rules then. Bet you it's Templars and not Children in the starter (love the rattles, though not painting 40 odd models)
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:31 pm

This is old news apparently, but I only just saw it, their release schedule. The 2player Starter is March.

Depending on how it is, what do you think on splitting the contents Kev?
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:03 pm

So, i just ordered the starter rule bundle (from Wayland), as to be fair I'm somewhat feedup of reading the book off my computer. That might mean an order with Northstar toward the end of the month, as they are slowly selling off their Warzone stock at around 50% off on about half the range (not the rules through).

Can't justify the spend after dropping funds on the Rules, but if thngs are still there after the end of the month (post Crusade), well..... :?:

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Wayland on the ball, book and bits should arrive tomorrow, but I'm working, so rearranged for Tuesday as its the first day I'm off that they will deliver.
And I weakened, ordered more Mishima off Northstar, alongside some Legion big(ish) guys for the Illan force that will be being built.

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:17 am

Sadly they didn't have anything I wanted on offer.

This of course just meant I spent the money on the pledge manager for Citadel. :lol:

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:34 pm

Fair enough. Must say that the Mishima stuff was mainly models I didn't have (Daemon Hunters) and the Ashigaru that I want to use as Ronin Samurai - I really don't like the current models. Oh, and an extra Meka (that makes 3 - just need the Gigameka now :D )

Only added the 'Dark Eden source/setting book to the PM, what with all the toys coming in the pledge - and it's a book I wanted from the earlier KS but it was only in the higher level pledges.

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:06 pm

I got the all gaming addons addon, and 2 extra sets of dice as I want lots of dice.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Was thinking about the gaming add on, but then saw the hundred dollar cost. Not sure if I want to throw that much at it at the moment, but pledge manager open till March, so have time.

And with the new starter set and mission/campaign sets coming which include unicast one piece models I may have other things to spend funds on of more relevance.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:11 am

This game has now had the coffin nailed shut. Prodos, as of the 09/10, no longer have the rights and will no longer sell anything from the range

I was just thinking about WZR, and had kind of decided to cull it - stick with the 'Universe in Peril' 3rd edition and the old target games models (which Prince August still make most of the basic range for).

So several versions of the rules going, if anyone has any interest.