Adeptus Titanicus

Owen

Re: Adeptus Titanicus

Post by Owen » Sun May 13, 2018 9:13 pm

Comparison of the new Warlord against the old one:

John

Post by John » Sun May 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Well this gives the old rumours that Epic 40k was going to be 10mm in any new release as possibly true. If this is true then I am really looking forward to seeing what the tanks will look like.
I notice that the Titan is the old Beetle Shell in preference to the later squared shell.
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Owen

Post by Owen » Sun May 13, 2018 10:57 pm

That’s probably because the 40k scale one is the beetle shell style and as everything is CAD now they used the files for that as the basis as the files for this one.

The size difference is interesting; I was expecting there’d be a few mm difference, but small enough that old stuff could’ve been used as variant designs (especially as in the fluff there are differences between titans of the same pattern), but it looks like that won’t be the case. Of course considering these are probably based off the 40k minis and as such keep the scale relative to each other that those have, it’s plausible that the old minis weren’t in scale with each other in the first place (especially considering the tech limits of the time when it came to casting and price considerations of the time).

Owen

Post by Owen » Sun May 13, 2018 10:58 pm

Also, is it just me, or does that look like an arc of fire/turning/etc template in front of the new Warlord in that last pic?

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon May 14, 2018 9:54 am

It's not just you.

My, that's a good 6" model for the Warlord. The Master box is looking more and more like the way to go. Thinking around £40-50 for a Warlord, £25-30 for a Reaver, with a box of Knights (3) being the same.

Hope I'm wrong though, as I'd like to see the prices around £10 cheaper than my guestimates. As you shouldn't need many though, doubt it.
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Owen

Post by Owen » Mon May 14, 2018 10:27 am

Liam

Post by Liam » Mon May 14, 2018 11:32 am

Kevin wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:54 am
It's not just you.

My, that's a good 6" model for the Warlord. The Master box is looking more and more like the way to go. Thinking around £40-50 for a Warlord, £25-30 for a Reaver, with a box of Knights (3) being the same.

Hope I'm wrong though, as I'd like to see the prices around £10 cheaper than my guestimates. As you shouldn't need many though, doubt it.
Yeah, I am also hoping for a cheaper price point than that; £30 for 3 infantry sized models (the knights) would sting a bit too much I think.

If the box set is at the current £95 price point (before discounts) I’ll probably buy in.
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 121
2018 models bought: 25

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon May 14, 2018 12:58 pm

No non titan units, :cry_blow:
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Owen

Post by Owen » Mon May 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Kevin wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:58 pm
No non titan units, :cry_blow:
I can’t see that sticking; I’m sure they’ll come eventually.

It’s also possible they meant there would be no non-titans in AT and that they’ll hold them back for another ruleset (comparatively simplified so you don’t have to juggle resource management on your Titans). Not having been there we can’t know what actually was said so can only speculate.

Personally I think non-titans are a must; part of the appeal of towering god-engines during it out is the regular troops scurrying underfoot to hammer home the scale. Plus those other troop types all have a place in the battle I think, even down to the humble infantry man; I doubt anyone expects a half dozen squads each with a missile launcher are going to be taking down titans reliably, but they’re going to be useful for finishing off wounded titans and stripping away shields so allied titans can attack with the heavy duty weapons; even in close combat they have a place considering the fluff outright has entire regiments accompanying titans to keep enemy infantry away; and then there’s objective capturing - a Titan is all well and good for demolishing buildings and blowing up fortifications and power plants, but if you want to actually take and hold something you’re going to need men on foot to go in.

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Mon May 14, 2018 4:23 pm

Can always use Epic Armageddon, a pretty good rules set. If GW don't bring out their own, anyway.

These guys sell pretty good but slightly bigger than old Epic figures in their Defeat in Detail 6mm and Onslaught Miniatures ranges.

http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)