Forgotten World

Richard

Forgotten World

Post by Richard » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Just wondered whether anyone else - particularly those with an interest in GoT - have been looking at the Forgotten World Kickstarter from Fireforge Games? The initial Human faction - the Northern Warriors - appears to have been inspired by the forces of that Northern Direwolf loving family whilst their opponents are some very nice (should that really be the adjective here?) Undead figures, which include undead versions of the said Northern Warriors. Northern characters include a young leader - wonder who that can be? - and a bearded veteran type, who GoT fans may also think rather familiar. Of perhaps even more interest to some such fans are the second human faction (in the production line) which look rather similar to that wealthy, duplicitous southern family who go around shooting crossbows at helpless guardrobe occupants!
Fireforge have organised their box contents to suit the Dragon Rampant Unit organisations so they even tick that box for me. Due out in May 2019 also gives me plenty of time to clear the decks of my current Chain of Command painting projects! ;)

Liam

Re: Forgotten World

Post by Liam » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Good spot there Rich. I rather like them, something will shock few people, and I may pick some up for Dragon Rampant once they go on general release. I particularly like the not-Lannister faction that may not get funded.
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 192
2018 models bought: 30

Richard

Re: Forgotten World

Post by Richard » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi Liam
Looking at Fireforge, they have a very sound, established historical miniature business and excellent reputation so even if the KS doesn’t fund as much as hoped I think this range is definitely on the way. I think it will genuinely just be a matter of time, ie the more KS support, the quickervthey will arrive. They did dabble with Fantasy with their Brettonian style knights a year or so ago so whilst I’m not surprised they have gone into this, I am surprised by just how closely the models reflect GoT. I’ve assembled their historical plastics with no problems whatsoever but the short video showing the assembly process for this range is even better! ;)