New Northstar Dwarves and Fantasy rules

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Richard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New Northstar Dwarves and Fantasy rules

Post by Richard » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Just been looking at the new plastic Dwarves coming from Northstarand first impressions are positive. As others have already commented, they appear quite Tolkienesque, which is always a big plus for me. They also clearly have...wait for it...LEGS! Yep they show more calf that a 1920's New Orleans showgirl!
The box comes with 30 figures, with enough weapons options for for all to be armed with spears, sidearms or bows and will retail at £25 (though it's up on pre-order for £20 this month). After the immense disappointment (for me) of the Mantic Dwarves I have much higher hopes of these. I just hope they don't fall short! Sorry! :oops:
Here's a thorough review with pics...

http://wargameterrain.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... sy_30.html

Northstar have also gone into partnership with Osprey again to produce a fantasy range to accompany their new Fantasy rules - Oathmark! These are apparently big battle rules but I don't know any details as yet. However, Northstar are apparently committed to producing Goblins, Elves and Wargs at least so it seems to be quite a significant undertaking.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable