Warmachine/Hordes

Tibbles
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Warmachine/Hordes

Post by Tibbles » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:48 pm

haha! now I know what to put into my armies! but thank you for the resource, to the next game! o/
Current armies: British Army ( Bolt Action)

Current Projects: Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Bolt Action: tank war

Richard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Richard » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:11 pm

I'm having my annual 'should I try this system again?' debate. Please talk me out of it someone before I do something silly! :lol:

Dazz

Post by Dazz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:35 am

Richard wrote:I'm having my annual 'should I try this system again?' debate. Please talk me out of it someone before I do something silly! :lol:
Have a game with Dave, you'll be wiped out by the end of turn one.. Job done :D
"Ya want to play huh?...Play me!! "
Warhamer (WoC Khorne).
40k (IG)
Mordhiem (10+ warbands)
Infinity (Ariadna) (CA)
Bolt Action (Gerrys, Brit airborne, Ruskies, US Marines, Japs)
Sword and spear (Republican Romans)

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:47 am

Dazz wrote:
Richard wrote:I'm having my annual 'should I try this system again?' debate. Please talk me out of it someone before I do something silly! :lol:
Have a game with Dave, you'll be wiped out by the end of turn one.. Job done :D
Cheers Dazz, knew I could rely on you! :lol:

Peter

Post by Peter » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:09 pm

I have a load of Warmahordes that I was going to sell as I couldn't get an opponent so if you play (and that encourages other) I won't sell - which is good 8-) .

However, if I don't sell I will be forced to buy the Menoth army in a box when it is released in March and that will cost me money - which is bad :? .
Minis painted in 2017: 120
Minis assembled in 2017: TBC

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:41 pm

Maybe we can have a chat on Sunday mate. :)

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:00 pm

I like the Everblight models in particular so thinking about picking up the starter box. However, I'm also wondering what they might put in the army box starter and whether it might be worth waiting to have a look? If I should decide on a starter box would anyone be interested in the Oboros faction?

Peter

Post by Peter » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:32 am

Apparently, the army boxes will be limited run & they are great value.

There's no doubling up with the starter set so my advice would be get both!
Minis painted in 2017: 120
Minis assembled in 2017: TBC

Dazz

Post by Dazz » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:31 am

I have no intention of buying into this game system again but if you have two sets and fancy a game I'll happily volunteer my services :D
"Ya want to play huh?...Play me!! "
Warhamer (WoC Khorne).
40k (IG)
Mordhiem (10+ warbands)
Infinity (Ariadna) (CA)
Bolt Action (Gerrys, Brit airborne, Ruskies, US Marines, Japs)
Sword and spear (Republican Romans)

Richard

Post by Richard » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:25 pm

I know I shouldn't have but I just picked up the two player starter box for £60 on ebay so that's a good start. I do need a skirmish game and provided it can be kept at a reasonably low level, this is my favourite one. Also picked up the Legion faction book as things have greatly changed since my last game of this! :roll: I've never played Legion anyway so know very little about their strengths and weaknesses, so I need to some research if I'm going to get my uber army sorted and crush all my opponents, see them flee before me and hear the lamentation of their women...err, ok I think I may have skipped this afternoons medication! :?

All I need to do now is follow Dazz's advice and avoid David...at least if he's carrying a WarmaHordes army with him! :lol: