Blood Bowl league

Kris
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Blood Bowl league

Post by Kris » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:40 pm

It's virtually the same game Richard. A few minor tweaks (Human Catchers cost 10000 gold less for example) but it's pretty much the same game.

Richard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Richard » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:25 pm

Thank s for that Kris. Very helpful. As I said, I really like the look of the game so I'll have a serious think about it. I suppose like most games the speed of play often depends upon who you're playing! ;)

Dazz

Post by Dazz » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:18 am

I'm getting my eldest lad into it..

He likes it so far.

I was toying with buying the new game but I'm not sure it's worth it if it's virtually the same game.
"Ya want to play huh?...Play me!! "
Warhamer (WoC Khorne).
40k (IG)
Mordhiem (10+ warbands)
Infinity (Ariadna) (CA)
Bolt Action (Gerrys, Brit airborne, Ruskies, US Marines, Japs)
Sword and spear (Republican Romans)

Dazz

Post by Dazz » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:39 pm

What other teams are they bringing out?
Warhamer (WoC Khorne).
40k (IG)
Mordhiem (10+ warbands)
Infinity (Ariadna) (CA)

Kris

Post by Kris » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Humans and Orcs were in the new boxed set. Skaven came out simultaneously. Dwarves are supposed to be out January. Forgeworld are releasing bits and pieces. They currently have a referee set on sale until January. The initial sales will drive whether GW brings out more teams in plastic or Forgeworld does resin teams.

Dazz

Post by Dazz » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:19 pm

Cheers Kris,

I'll be adding those to my collection through 2017 :D
Warhamer (WoC Khorne).
40k (IG)
Mordhiem (10+ warbands)
Infinity (Ariadna) (CA)

Richard

Post by Richard » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:25 pm

David, I don't want to hijack the painting thread so will comment on my Bloodbowl games here instead. I've played 2 games of BB over the past couple of weeks.

The first was VERY tough as I was using Orcs (Green Boy Smackers) against Goblins. Unfortunately the combination of my not having played since the club league (quite some time ago!) and the opposing team (contained a goblin fanatic - at S 7 he was truly deadly, taking out whatever faced him - and 2 trolls) meant that it always going to be a difficult task. In fact it took a whole half just to remember half the rules, by which time I was 2-0 down, was being badly beaten up on the line of scrimmage and couldn't get near the goblin receivers. The second half saw a tactical rethink with the emphasis on ball possession and support play. The result was 1-1 in the half which should have seen the Orcs get a second touchdown but for the classic falling over when actually crossing the goal line whilst 'going for it'! Probably the greatest highlight of the game for the smackers was putting both the Trolls off the pitch with serious injuries after the Fanatic had been sent off for an illegal weapon. Unfortunately it required an intervention from the referee's guide-dog to point out the large ball and chain being swung with impunity across the Orc scrimmage line before the ref acted!

The second game saw my Human team (San Andreas Faulty Miners) having a run out against the Sneaky Skaven. I remember Kris' Skaven being VERY fast so I deployed pretty deep and prepared to do some chasing! Sadly, my prematch teamtalk fell on deaf ears and the Skaven scored a TD with their first attack as a blitzer raced forward leaving just enough space for a speedy Skaven to scramble through. :cry_blow: However, three drives later and the Faulty Miners equalised after actually flattening the Ogre! The second half saw a repeat of the first as the Skaven scored with a superb long pass and run in that the FM's could do nothing to stop. It was just a classy play. Once again the FM's took possession and went through several phases building their attack before a short pass and sprint finish saw them equalise. Not as flash as the Skaven TD but the same points. With all to play for the Skaven surprisingly suddenly fell foul of a series of fumbles deep in their own half (no re-rolls remaining) and Jack the Flash (FM Receiver) scooped up a loose ball to run in virtually unopposed for the FM victory. After the match there was a minutes silence in remembrance of 'Slick', the Skaven lineman, who was inadvertently dispatched into the crowd by Pete 'the Meat' Price, who also made several crucial knock down blocks for the FM's but lost out as MVP to Carl 'the Crunch' Brown, FM Blitzer who also had an outstanding game with a TD, knock downs and even a short pass!

In summary, I really enjoyed both games and both actually seemed to rattle along at a considerably quicker pace than I remembered. I did find the greater flexibility of the Humans more suited to me but more care is needed in protecting the receivers as they are quite vulnerable to higher strength opponents. I've been painting up a test figure ( based on the 49's colours) this evening and am quite pleased with the results so far. The FM's are looking forward to their league debut next week... :roll:

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:56 am

Nice going there Rich ;)

And yes, at some point I will be buying my own "illegal weapon" for the ref not to notice. A gigantic death roller is very hard to see!
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

Richard

Post by Richard » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:53 pm

MrDwhitey wrote:Nice going there Rich ;)

And yes, at some point I will be buying my own "illegal weapon" for the ref not to notice. A gigantic death roller is very hard to see!
It was all rather funny...even though I was the victim :lol: ...as the Goblin Fanatic was sent off only for the referee to be bribed to turn a blind eye and next thing he was back on! :twisted: Have to say he single handedly won the game for the Goblins by simply flattening the Orc line of scrimmage at every restart! I quickly learned to send sacrificial players onto the scrimmage line rather than my usual guys. Still enjoyed the game though...especially fouling the trolls causing serious injuries and removal from the game...albeit sadly too late!