Blood Bowl league

John
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Blood Bowl league

Post by John » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Since I last wrote on this, I also have obtained a couple of teams, so I now have:
Orc team;
Human teams x 2;
Chaos beastmen team;
Undead team;
Dwarf team;
Skaven team;
So I think we have enuff teams for people who want to play to borrow to try the game without them having to buy a team themselves.
So if you are interested in doing a League with a game approximately once a month/4 weeks, then please answer and I'll get one set up!
Last edited by John on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Richard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Richard » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:56 pm

My only concern at the moment (and the reason I've put the Malifaux League off until the Summer) is that currently we have two campaigns running, each of which appear to aim at a game a month (minimum) so introducing a third with a similar agenda might be a bit of an overload. We do not have any 'Campaign/League Police ' in the club as everyone is free to play what they like but there is little that will kill enthusiam for something more than having to put off games because your opponent has commitments with another system. I would suggest it may be better to just arrange practice games - especially for those who don't know how to play Bloodbowl - over the next month to six weeks and then sort out a league from Easter but it's up to you guys.

Dazz

Post by Dazz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:31 pm

Yeah I agree with Richard,

I to am keen to learn Bloodbowl but lack both time & funds.... :D
"Ya want to play huh?...Play me!! "
Warhamer (WoC Khorne).
40k (IG)
Mordhiem (10+ warbands)
Infinity (Ariadna) (CA)
Bolt Action (Gerrys, Brit airborne, Ruskies, US Marines, Japs)
Sword and spear (Republican Romans)

Owen

Post by Owen » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Agree with Dazz and Rich - just haven't got the time for BB atm.

Kris

Post by Kris » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Rumours have re-surfaced today that Bloodbowl will be re-released in September. Seems likely the box will contain a board and four teams.

Owen

Post by Owen » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Kris wrote:Rumours have re-surfaced today that Bloodbowl will be re-released in September. Seems likely the box will contain a board and four teams.
So, hundred pounds for 40 minis and a big bit of cardboard?

:p

Kris

Post by Kris » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Supposed to be a plastic board like the Realm of battle board, as well as four teams (44 models) individually sculpted. So expecting it to be closer to £120 myself.

Owen

Post by Owen » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Well, if it came with fully modelled spectator stands, it could be worth the cost :p

Dazz

Post by Dazz » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:47 pm

Kris wrote:Supposed to be a plastic board like the Realm of battle board, as well as four teams (44 models) individually sculpted. So expecting it to be closer to £120 myself.
Mmmm! A lot of wonga but not if you split it with 4 people. .. Who gets the board? :shock:
"Ya want to play huh?...Play me!! "
Warhamer (WoC Khorne).
40k (IG)
Mordhiem (10+ warbands)
Infinity (Ariadna) (CA)
Bolt Action (Gerrys, Brit airborne, Ruskies, US Marines, Japs)
Sword and spear (Republican Romans)

Peter

Post by Peter » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:58 pm

Dazz wrote:
Kris wrote:Supposed to be a plastic board like the Realm of battle board, as well as four teams (44 models) individually sculpted. So expecting it to be closer to £120 myself.
Mmmm! A lot of wonga but not if you split it with 4 people. .. Who gets the board? :shock:
Each person gets a quarter of the field. That works right?

I'm expecting that if they do re-launch bloodbowl that the new pitch will invalidate the one I have by a row of squares or something similarly idiotic. Definitely not buying it either way.
Minis painted in 2017: 120
Minis assembled in 2017: TBC