Godslayer

MrDwhitey
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Godslayer

Post by MrDwhitey » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:09 pm

Just wondering, has anyone else heard/played this? It seems to be a skirmish game set in sort of roman times in a fantasy universe. Costs are on the high side, pretty much Warmachine metals in price. I saw the miniatures painted up and liked what I saw at Firestorm. It seems that you can customise your warlords/warband leaders by buying them items, which is nice.

It has as far as a rube such as myself can tell, six factions.

Mortans: Romans with an interest in necromancy
Banebrood: Beastmen/Satyrs
Halodynes: Greeks and ogres
Nordgaard: Nordic Dwarves
Troglodytes: Cave dwelling monsters and what look like wights and shades
Wyldfolk of Annyr: Tree hugging hippies

Quickstart Rules:

http://www.megalith-games.com/Godslayer ... tRules.pdf

Starter Box Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjZLa1K_fK0

Just noticed they let you download the full rulebook and unit statistics cards.

http://www.megalith-games.com/eng_index ... &pid1=P1_3
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

Liam
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Godslayer

Post by Liam » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:28 pm

I've seen it cropping up on websites and the models look quite nice.
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 203
2018 models bought: 30

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:35 pm

In person the models were quite nice. Some seem a little rough, but they'll do just fine.

I was thinking of picking up a starter set for this, either Troglodytes or Mortans.
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Well, I was in Firestorm today and had a terrible accident.

I tripped, fell, and my wallet somehow flew into the till and before I knew it I had purchased a bunch of Mortans. Rob of course refused to let me give them back and I was forced to keep them. :?

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:23 am

So, you have Trog's and Mortan's - and I know Richard was talking about this.

If people are interested, which factions would they be looking at - I 'might' go toward Banebrood, as David already has Trog's - those lovely figures he has on the painting thread. And liking the faction within a faction option (Reaver's over Beastbrood I think)
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:06 am

There's some good info on the Godslayer website and some games on Youtube (not brilliantly presented but you can get the gist of the game). I was initially attracted to Troglodytes - don't tell the wife! - but as David has already invested I'm now looking at Nordgaard. I also like the variety withing factions Kev.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:32 am

Ordered the rulebook, and picked up a few (well 2) figures - BaneBrood Reaver Tyrant and a Mortan Hero. Gods, the figures are fiddly, the Tyrant has separate arms (without pins, just flat surfaces) and the chain on the axe is separate :? . Not sure my modelling skills (or superglue) are up to this - using Blutac/Green Stuff at joints to get a good seal/fix.

Lovely, detailed figures though.
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Saw this a while back too...the minis are lovely!

I've been watching the videos and it seems it borrows quite a bit from warmachine..which is nice as I like the Warmachine system but not too fond of the models!

Those dwarves look very tempting!

Hmmm...salute on saturday...better update my shopping list :lol:
X-Wing | Bolt Action | Infinity | Mordheim | Dropzone Commander | Wolsung

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:13 pm

Downloaded and read through the free quick start rules this afternoon and really like what I read. Definitely looking forward to playing this now... :D

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:34 pm

Looks good doesn't it!
X-Wing | Bolt Action | Infinity | Mordheim | Dropzone Commander | Wolsung