Kings of War

Owen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Kings of War

Post by Owen » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Dazz wrote:Looking at the army list in KOW I could utilise the Basilea list but have the direct opposite..

This means I can use my Khorne army but they are the antonym of Basilea.. What do ya think?
I think the Orc list would fit better your Khorne.

Dazz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Dazz » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:02 pm

Owen wrote:
Dazz wrote:Looking at the army list in KOW I could utilise the Basilea list but have the direct opposite..

This means I can use my Khorne army but they are the antonym of Basilea.. What do ya think?
I'll have a look. .
"Ya want to play huh?...Play me!! "
Warhamer (WoC Khorne).
40k (IG)
Mordhiem (10+ warbands)
Infinity (Ariadna) (CA)
Bolt Action (Gerrys, Brit airborne, Ruskies, US Marines, Japs)
Sword and spear (Republican Romans)

Owen

Post by Owen » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Dazz wrote:
Owen wrote:

I'll have a look. .
Just come across this; has an unofficial WoC list you could use provided people are okay with it - http://manticforum.com/forum/kings-of-w ... -and-rules

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Dazz
For Chaos you might want to look through a variety of armies and pick units that are close to the EFFECT you want to achieve, then just pay the points for that unit.
A couple of examples...

Chaos Knights could use the same stats as the Templar type Knights in the Kingdoms of Men list. This would give them high melee skills, good defence and morale as basic and then add Crushing Strength (+2) making them deadly against armoured foes plus Headstrong, which gives them a 50% chance of ignoring Wavering as casualties mount and carry on charging. You decide on your unit size (probably 5) and pay the points for that size unit.

Alternatively, you could opt for Soul Reaver stats (Undead) for the Chaos Knights where they again have high melee skills and Crushing Strength (+2) but gain higher armour defence but lose Headstrong.

Until an army list comes out I don't see why you just can't pick whatever units YOU think come closest to the attributes of your Chaos units. You would still need to follow the army selection rules but those are the same for everyone.

I'd try a game or two and see how the units work.

Dazz

Post by Dazz » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:19 am

That chaos list is pretty good Owen cheers, I will give it a whirl & see how it works.

I will also try other units from other race, like Richard has suggested, to help it fit my my Khorne army. .. I'll have to be careful I don't "cherry pick" from other lists but play testing will knock that into shape.

I'll be at a disadvantage ( well maybe ) because in true Khorne style I'll be using very little magic & next to naff all shooty stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions though, really looking forward to a game of this now :D
Warhamer (WoC Khorne).
40k (IG)
Mordhiem (10+ warbands)
Infinity (Ariadna) (CA)

Owen

Post by Owen » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:49 am

Won't be too much of a disadvantage Dazz - there's no magic like there is in WH; unless 2nd ed changes things, magic is just an extra shooting attack.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:15 pm

And with the Good/Neutral/Evil army set-up (armies can openly ally with same or one removed type - eg, any Good and Neutral units can be used - Elves with Basilean, Dwarf and Forces of Nature is fine), a mix and match list shouldn't hurt too much.
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Dazz

Post by Dazz » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:52 am

That's pretty cool. .. I should be able to knock up a pretty fair list that reflects my blood thursty nutters :D
Warhamer (WoC Khorne).
40k (IG)
Mordhiem (10+ warbands)
Infinity (Ariadna) (CA)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:50 am

After a little search, it appears that 'Warbases' do specific movement trays for this game - each one has round slots to fit the miniatures in. Not that expensive - a Regiment (5 wide/4deep) of 20mm frontage units cost £1.74 (you pay a base cost (40p for the 20mm frontage, 70p for 25mm) then add extra for the number of slots needed (20 slots for a 20mm frontage unit is + £1:40, so £1:75 total.

Have some on order, a selection of different 20mm frontage (Troop/Half Regiment/Regiment), so will bring down for others to see when arrive.

(and what does this do to the Nurgle stuff, as I can see my focus shifting to KoW - to be fair, don't know at present, but they haven't been getting much love recently/i])
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Owen

Post by Owen » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:17 pm

Scroll down here and you can see a copy of the 2nd ed Cheat Sheet shown at the recent Mantic open day:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 21787.page