AoS Club House Rules

DukeMelvin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: AoS Club House Rules

Post by DukeMelvin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:57 pm

Richard wrote:Guys, does the Empire still feature or is it just the Goldie Guys now? Just wondered as Warlord have just released their long awaited Landsknechts and they look rather nice... :roll:
had a look into the lore and the empire as far as they go are kaput. mechanically they still exist as they arn't going to make an army no longer exist as players would go crazy but the old world is gone.

the world that existed before where all 8 winds of magic blew and all races existed is gone it was blown up in the final moments of the war against chaos. afterwards, Sigmar and other gods were scattered around the place on the rubble of the old world and the gods of chaos went back to fighting amongst themselves.

Later a giant dragon appears who talks with Sigmar and shows him that 8 new realms exist in the place of the old 8 winds of magic, so one for death, metal, fire, heavens, shadow etc. and on those realms new life has come to being but with the winds of magic affecting them in some way. for instance, I think the new fire dwarves are from the plane of fire and the flying dwarves from the realm of metal were I to hazard a guess.

while Sigmar is being shown around he draws the attention of the 3 chaos gods (as slanesh I think is only in 40 as he is born from the Eldar's gluttony or something) who are all drawn to the realms and want to conquer them like the good old days. usual *** happens where chaos cannot fully manifest until shock horror, Nagesh betrays the alliance of gods and allows the chaos gods to properly manifest. with this Sigmar and his chosen retreat back into his realm/ rubble of the old world and goes about making the Stormcast Eternals. this is known as the age of chaos.

finally Sigmar things his stormcasts are ready and bursts forth from his rubble home and begins to reform the alliance of gods against chaos. This begins the Age of Sigmar. any who are in the grand alliance of Order are on Sigmar's side, Chaos on Chaos Side, Death their own and Destruction seem to be there for *** and giggles as usual :)

were I to speculate I could see some form of empire and bretonia popping back up in the realm of metal in some form in the future. hopefully at least so empire and bretonian players get some love without having to play stormcast. same for the actual elf contingent of wood elves, the high and dark elves likely from the realm of the heavens and the realm of shadow.

But yeah beyond lore you can play what ever. there are free battle scrolls to update all the old books for free online you just need to google them. I can see empire or bretonian's getting some treatment in the future, hopefully, sooner rather that later as there isn't a human race with updated rules as the stormcasts are living weapons with the souls of man (not quite the same :) )

sorry for the long post

tldr: can play anything the rules are online but lore wise I am sure something that uses empire like models will be released in the future.

Rob out :)
Robert Sloan,
Getting back into gaming

writing a book

Liam
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liam » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:48 am

Just to add a few bits, I believe Slaanesh does still exist in the AoS universe but, due to Malerion (Malekith) and Tyrion teaming up to fight it while it was weakened after the End Times, it disappeared. This allowed the Horned Rat to take its place but quite a few war bands are looking for slaanesh, trying to replace it, or are worshipping Archaon as the new slaanesh.

Also, Empire (as it was) indeed no longer exists but the models now represent the Freeguild. These seem to be mercenaries or standing armies made from the regular human inhabitants of the realms. The black powder elements and Sigmarite factions of the army now form other forces too, though they can be allied as they are all Order. There have been some lovely armies featured in White Dwarf that are made up of Stormcast and allied Freeguild.

These factions aren't fleshed out however and it's possible they will be reimagined somewhere down the line.
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 203
2018 models bought: 30

Kris

Post by Kris » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:45 pm

The Freeguild are an important faction from what I have read so far. Basically they are the second class warriors who actually hold the areas the Stormcast have conquered. Having read City of Secrets, one of the Age of Sigmar novels, they seem identical to the Empire stuff.

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Sounds a bit like SM and IG to me...burn the heretic! Anyway I ordered a box as I admit a sad weaknesss for the Landsknechts... :roll:

John

Post by John » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Does anyone know what happened to the Kislevites? I can't seem to find any mention of them in any warscrolls.
Have managed to find a Fan based set of warscrolls.
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

DukeMelvin

Post by DukeMelvin » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:23 am

from what I recall Kislev haven't been a faction for many iterations of the rules
Robert Sloan,
Getting back into gaming

writing a book

DukeMelvin

Post by DukeMelvin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:04 am

hey been wondering if you guys wouldn't mind me homebrewing a few spells for the seraphon, kinda seems off that the slan only get generic spells and the summoning ones and the summoning is nerfed to make it not worth most of the time.

was not going to go insane and break the game but some flavorful spells, with fun names ? and work them like the sylvaneth each wizard can have one and if its taken no other hero can take them
Robert Sloan,
Getting back into gaming

writing a book

John

Post by John » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:54 am

As this seems to be the area for AoS rule questions, I was wondering if you were trying to use a "Battalion" list from the back of the Warscroll books and it mentioned "Tomb King" as an example, does the Tomb king have to be as a single figure or does this just mean that the figure in question has to have "Tomb King" as a "Keyword" :?: Thus with Tomb kings, to have a Tomb Legion, one of the requirements is a "Tomb King", but tomb Kings come as Individual single models, Named Characters, Tomb Kings in Royal Chariot and Royal Warsphinx. As all of these contain "Tomb King" can they be used as a part of the Tomb Legion as the Tomb King :?:
I have a similar problem with Skaven. :?
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Peter

Post by Peter » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Tomb Kings will be a key word on the War Scroll. For Example, a Liche Priest has the key word "Tomb Kings".

I think most of the Tomb Kings army will have that Key word.

With regards to needing a tomb king within the warscroll battalion "Tomb Legion" refers specifically to the Tomb King model on foot. The other warscroll battalion specifically quotes Tomb King in a chariot.
Minis painted in 2017: 120
Minis assembled in 2017: TBC

Kris

Post by Kris » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:58 pm

Couldn't find a rule today so posting it up here from the FAQ

Q: Could you please clear up the intention behind allocating
damage? Are we intended to allocate damage dealt to a unit to
a single model until it’s dead and then move on to another, or
may we pick a different target for each round of attacks (or even
each weapon attack)?

A: When attacking a unit with multiple models, wounds
must be allocated to a single model until it is dead
(or there are no more wounds left to allocate) before
allocating any remaining wounds to another model. This
includes wounds caused by all subsequent attacks against
the unit, with the intention being that a unit will never
have more than one wounded model.

Page 5 of the FAQ
https://www.games-workshop.com/resource ... les_en.pdf