Honours of War - SYW Rules

Richard

Re: Honours of War - SYW Rules

Post by Richard » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Bill wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:33 pm
I had a closer read of rules today, It's a while since I read up on the period but I disagree with his description of Light infantry as far as i know the dedicated skirmish line to distrupt line battalions really did'nt exist till Napoleonic times.
I have definitely read about the French being in the vanguard of training a proportion of their line infantry battalions as 'light infantry' (Chasseurs) as early as the SYW BUT from what I remember these troops were then detached on campaign (in a similar way to Grenadiers) to perform tasks or missions as they arose. I would agree that I haven't read anything about their being used as light infantry Skirmish screens for their parent battalion during these period as later developed during the Revolutionary period.

Bill

Post by Bill » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:07 pm

As far as i knowr the French were the first two use thier light infantry to distrupt enemy lines because their line battalions were rubbish at shooting so usually attacked in column.

Bill

Post by Bill » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Just an update currently expecting to have five infantry battalions one cavalry regiment and a medium gun battery ready by end of week all in 10mm.

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:37 pm

Good work Bill! :D
Battlefleet Gothic: Imperial Navy
Bolt Action: British
DZC: Shaltari
40k: Imperial Guard
Space Hulk
X-Wing: Imperial & Rebel

Bill

Post by Bill » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:07 pm

Enjoyed game with Mark last night and have decided with armies as a secondary project so i have parted with my cash and sent an order to Old Glory to cover the figures types i did not have (O no I have to paint 10mm Hussars Aghhh).