Bolt Action Tank War in 15mm?

Tibbles

Bolt Action Tank War in 15mm?

Post by Tibbles » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:30 pm

So, while I have been a bit bummed out by the long wait by the Fallout game, I turned my attentions to ( at least what was when I was last here) the most popular game in the club, Bolt Action, I have my brits, but I always wanted to dabble in the tank war.

only thing is, tank buying can get expensive at the scale, and then, it kinda hit me.

Have we ever thought about 15mm tanks for tank war? We wouldnt need to change anything about the rules of the game, just the scale of the models themselves, playing tank war means were trying to focus on the armor anyway, and most infantry is likely going to be anti-tank guns and smaller teams of anti-tank weapons.

Handily, most of these teams tend to come on a base with one another anyway, in 28mm anyway, and more importantly, it means we have more tanks for less money, less space taken up, and lets people try projects they wouldnt otherwise think of due to the size of 28mm tank war projects.

what do you all think?
Current armies: British Army ( Bolt Action)

Current Projects: Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Bolt Action: tank war

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Bolt Action Tank War in 15mm?

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Tibbles wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:30 pm
So, while I have been a bit bummed out by the long wait by the Fallout game, I turned my attentions to ( at least what was when I was last here) the most popular game in the club, Bolt Action, I have my brits, but I always wanted to dabble in the tank war.

only thing is, tank buying can get expensive at the scale, and then, it kinda hit me.

Have we ever thought about 15mm tanks for tank war? We wouldnt need to change anything about the rules of the game, just the scale of the models themselves, playing tank war means were trying to focus on the armor anyway, and most infantry is likely going to be anti-tank guns and smaller teams of anti-tank weapons.

Handily, most of these teams tend to come on a base with one another anyway, in 28mm anyway, and more importantly, it means we have more tanks for less money, less space taken up, and lets people try projects they wouldnt otherwise think of due to the size of 28mm tank war projects.

what do you all think?
Next time you come up give me a shout. I'm up for trying this in 15mm!
X-Wing | Bolt Action | Infinity | Mordheim | Dropzone Commander | Wolsung

Tibbles

Post by Tibbles » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:52 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:18 pm
Tibbles wrote:

what do you all think?
No problem, at the moment I sadly only have a handfull of russian and german tanks, but I do have a large amount of shermans, Il see what I can do!
Current armies: British Army ( Bolt Action)

Current Projects: Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Bolt Action: tank war

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:10 am

Tibbles wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:52 pm
Matt wrote:
Tibbles wrote:

what do you all think?
No problem, at the moment I sadly only have a handfull of russian and german tanks, but I do have a large amount of shermans, Il see what I can do!
I think just a few tanks is enough to see how well it works. I'll let you know when I'm up next...sadly I can't make this Sunday.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:43 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:10 am
Tibbles wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:52 pm
Matt wrote:

I think just a few tanks is enough to see how well it works. I'll let you know when I'm up next...sadly I can't make this Sunday.
I've got some sherman somewhere I think. I'll dig them out. I don't have any infantry though....yet :lol:

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:39 am

If you are interested in tanks vs tanks games then you may want to look at the Two Fat Lardies game, ‘What A Tanker’. It’s played down here with 15mm models and has a simple campaign system improving your tank crews experience etc as games are played. I’m sure there must be some demo games on YouTube and the like to give you an idea of the game.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Richard wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:39 am
If you are interested in tanks vs tanks games then you may want to look at the Two Fat Lardies game, ‘What A Tanker’. It’s played down here with 15mm models and has a simple campaign system improving your tank crews experience etc as games are played. I’m sure there must be some demo games on YouTube and the like to give you an idea of the game.
Worth a look...cheers Rich!