Bolt Action (WWII)

Tibbles

Re: Bolt Action (WWII)

Post by Tibbles » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:25 am

Take two on a return to the club...

So, been thinking long and hard, and I want to jump back into Bolt Action, the few games I played I thoroughly enjoyed, Im mostly just writing this to double check what the average point costs of armies are in the club? I have it in my head that its either 1000 or 1500 points
Current armies: British Army ( Bolt Action)

Current Projects: Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Bolt Action: tank war

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:35 am

Good to hear from you!

Yeah that was around what we were playing. I think Ossie and James play a lot so they'll have a better idea!
X-Wing | Bolt Action | Infinity | Mordheim | Dropzone Commander | Wolsung

Tibbles

Post by Tibbles » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:58 pm

Ah, I see!

Maybe this sunday or another I might pop down for a tutorial game, to help me ease back into playing the game! :)
Current armies: British Army ( Bolt Action)

Current Projects: Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Bolt Action: tank war

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:12 am

Would be good to see you again! Double check they're playing first on the forum :)
X-Wing | Bolt Action | Infinity | Mordheim | Dropzone Commander | Wolsung

John

Post by John » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:11 pm

I'm not sure if I should use this post or start a new one as I am talking about Konflikt 47, which uses Bolt Action as its starter system, but is slightly different in some aspects.
Anyway I also want to get back to WWII Bolt Action if only to remind myself of the rules before gong into Konflikt. I have a German force for 1945ish Konflikt based on Secrets of the Third Reich figures with some added Konflikt Germans and will then be getting myself either a Russian force or an Allied one. The good part about this game is you can just use your Bolt Action army and either use proxies until you buy a few upgrades eg Konflikt figures if you wish to. This game does allow "weird" figures such as werewolves and werebears as well as Chemical "Zombies", created using "Rift" technology ( Rifts are openings/wormholes created upon the use of Nuclear Weapons) as well as upgrades for vehicles (Tank Guns) and other equipment.
My biggest problem with Warlord and Clockwork Goblin is they have created "Walkers" armoured walking suits for troops almost up to tank equivalents and have pointed them as per other troops etc. Yet when asked if they plan on producing rules providing this point system to produce your own Walkers much like SotTR did, they claim they don't have a points system for these figures to produce rules, which makes me wonder how they produce a points value for the Walkers THEY have produced :? ! Or do they just make it up when they produce a new figure!! :shock:
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:18 pm

Careful John, there is a slight difference between Konflict and Bolt action now, as Konflict uses the first edition rules and as such there are some issues. Also, there were errata issued, I'm not sure if they were included in Resurgence, but I know there were on the Warlord games website at one time.

Warlord/Clockwork have said they have never intended to provide a point system for building your own models. They intend to stick to a 'structured' development of forces, with things being based on their background - so no 'self-built' stuff. I feel they are trying to keep the equipment available to a 'Historical' variant as in the real background, so only models that fit into the setting will be developed.

Or they just want you to buy their models.

You can always proxy models, the Dust models being very nice, and some of the smaller SotTR stuff is nice too. I happen to like the infantry more than the Mechs, so at present it doesn't bother me. And the AC NachtWolfe force I was/am planning to develop will be mostly proxy for the non armoured troops, even if they look similar to shock troopers. The Force Mage will be a PBZ light anti-tank gun on his own.
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .