Napoleonics anyone?

Richard

Napoleonics anyone?

Post by Richard » Sat May 09, 2015 8:47 pm

I've been contacted by a gamer in Bridgend who's into 15mm Napoleonic gaming and is looking for a local opponent. Unfortunately he isn't able to make Sunday's due to other commitments. I just thought I'd mention it here to check if anyone is interested then I can supply his contact details.

Tibbles

Re: Napoleonics anyone?

Post by Tibbles » Tue May 12, 2015 4:38 pm

I do have an interest in napoleonic's, but I was thinking 28mm, I struggle with painting infantry on smaller scales :oops:
Current armies: British Army ( Bolt Action)

Current Projects: Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Bolt Action: tank war

Dazz

Post by Dazz » Tue May 12, 2015 5:37 pm

Tibbles wrote:I do have an interest in napoleonic's, but I was thinking 28mm, I struggle with painting infantry on smaller scales :oops:
Try the game out.. If you like it then do it in 28mm.
"Ya want to play huh?...Play me!! "
Warhamer (WoC Khorne).
40k (IG)
Mordhiem (10+ warbands)
Infinity (Ariadna) (CA)
Bolt Action (Gerrys, Brit airborne, Ruskies, US Marines, Japs)
Sword and spear (Republican Romans)

John

Post by John » Wed May 13, 2015 6:45 pm

I have an interest in Napoleonic, but all my 15mm figures were taken by my Ex-Wife. I also am rebuilding in 28mm as they are as cheap as 15mm in plastics. I use the rules Espirit De Corps which play with a game with 1k of points and their are lists which were used for the yearly UK Tournament for Napoleonic. The lists for 1000 pts usually use about 4-5 regiments of Infantry at 16-20 figures, with 12 Cavalry and 1 set of 2-3 guns for a battery.
What rules does your friend use Richard? as I am willing to try anything as I grew up with WRG Napoleonic and have used many including some home made. I was planning on seeing how Black Powder worked but was put off! :(
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed May 13, 2015 8:29 pm

I don't actually know the bloke. He got in touch when he saw an item I was selling on ebay. I have no idea what rules he uses or what forces he has, just that he's interested in 15mm Napoleonics and was looking for a 'mature' person of like mind. As I said at the outset he can't make Sundays so if anyone's interested you'll need to contact him to discuss things.

Bill

Post by Bill » Thu May 19, 2016 12:28 pm

As soon as I finish my Alder Prussians I will be able to give someone a game against my French hopefully around end of June.

Dazz

Post by Dazz » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:32 am

I'm wandering about in Bridgend, doing a few bits and bobs and I've noticed in the window of Oxfam that they've got a truck load of 28mm Napoleonic stuff in boxes, still on the sprue so to speak.

They want £45 for the lot or you can buy it individually.

I've no idea if that's any good or what make they are, maybe worth a look if you like that sort of thing.
"Ya want to play huh?...Play me!! "
Warhamer (WoC Khorne).
40k (IG)
Mordhiem (10+ warbands)
Infinity (Ariadna) (CA)
Bolt Action (Gerrys, Brit airborne, Ruskies, US Marines, Japs)
Sword and spear (Republican Romans)

Exboss

Post by Exboss » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:04 pm

I'll stick to my Adler as i have almost finished enough Prussians to take on my French at Polemos and have a local opponent. I don't wish to go and do 15mm to expensive for the style of game I play.

John

Post by John » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:01 pm

Think I'll be looking in Oxfam on Monday, if their still there! :)
Am still unsure as to which rules to try for Naps tho. :? Have fought with Esprit de Corps in 15mm. Like them as they give easy 1,000 pt lists as used in UK competition, but not for all people.
Warlord have a new set of quick play rules in their new box set, but don't seem available outside of set yet! :(
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)