Flames of War 'Team Yankee'

John

Flames of War 'Team Yankee'

Post by John » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:45 pm

In 'Flames of War's latest Newsletter, they are talking of preparing a version of their rules for World War III (Fictional), taken from the book of the same name. So 1987 Cold War, just what I've been trying to play again.
Already have 15mm vehicles for this, as well as 10mm. And most of the people who have stated that they prefer not to play this period, also seem to be people who are not enamored by Flames of War, so that works that way as well.
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Kevin

Re: Flames of War 'Team Yankee'

Post by Kevin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:51 pm

Noticed this myself - more interested in the models - especially if plastic - than the rules (still enjoy 'Red Storm Rising' and the various 'Cold War gone Hot what if's'.

We shall await further information (and see if I can find my information on the East German forces of the Warpac.
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

John

Post by John » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:00 pm

Well in all my research, I have ORBATs for many differing forces, including many differing forces from WARPAC and NATO, as well as some others.
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:09 pm

My main problem was an overriding interest in the forces of the Glorious Peoples Liberation Army, which was basically a Russian ripe off until the early 90's (the Type 9 was basically a knock off T-62/72).

And all those trucks - the IFV didn't appear until mid 90's for these poor souls.

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Probably no use to you gents, but I have a West German division in 1/300 scale from this era (late 80's)..
Battlefleet Gothic: Imperial Navy
Bolt Action: British
DZC: Shaltari
40k: Imperial Guard
Space Hulk
X-Wing: Imperial & Rebel

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:42 pm

Used to have a 1/300 1986 East German Motorized Rifle Regiment for CWC, but that's long gone.

Still like the idea of 10/12mm for this, but not that much out there in that scale, and rules were always an issue (for me).

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:43 pm

I'm going to be putting in preorders for the two starter sets. I'm glad they've staggered releases, as it means I might have money each time stuff comes out. :lol:
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:30 pm

Will probably look at the rules book, as it's only about £15.

Not sure if it will go further than that, as I would go Soviet and don't really want to drop £75 for the starter (even if it does appear good value).

Strange no infantry in either starter, but might show the way they want this to go.

And will be catching up on the BoW bootcamp after the weekend as working, to see how this plays.

Tibbles

Post by Tibbles » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:03 am

Kevin wrote:Will probably look at the rules book, as it's only about £15.

Not sure if it will go further than that, as I would go Soviet and don't really want to drop £75 for the starter (even if it does appear good value).

Strange no infantry in either starter, but might show the way they want this to go.

And will be catching up on the BoW bootcamp after the weekend as working, to see how this plays.
If you want to collect soviets, you could look to Zvezda for miniatures, or other companies, theres plenty that have started making cold-war tanks for the then-soviet union
Current armies: British Army ( Bolt Action)

Current Projects: Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Bolt Action: tank war

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:43 am

I don't know why but I've never felt comfortable or had any real interest in fighting a 'what if' Cold War wargame, although I've read quite a bit about NATO and Warsaw Pact tactical doctrines and weaponry. Maybe it's because it's just a bit too close to home! :(