Flames of War 'Team Yankee'

Kris

Re: Flames of War 'Team Yankee'

Post by Kris » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:06 am

I thought the BMP's had been removed Kev?

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:31 am

The BMPs were removed and the template is a card one. So change its £ to around 0.
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:08 am

Ok - so wait for the individual boxes, if I bite. (prefer MRR so would work out better for me anyway.

Action Plan :
1 - purchase rule book (and find East German ToE for MRR).
2 - Investigate plastic box sets when release, and look at the Zv sets, think they do a BTR 80 and a Mobile Quad 20/30mm AA unit (needed with the Helo rules).
3 - Purchase MR Company miniatures (I like infantry) and decide on rides.

4 - ignore all of above and do something different :?
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:32 am

I was very tempted by the Russkies as I really like their T72 model and have always liked the Hind, however, I've ordered the Yanks as almost everyone I've spoken to has ordered or will be playing Russkies so at least I should get some games in...well maybe... :roll:

John

Post by John » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:32 pm

I'm so glad people seem to have bitten for this. Can use my West German 15mm Battlegroup for this now (Except there are no Cards for West Germans yet - To be in next wave?).
I will possibly build a Russian MRR group to start as they are the initial attack unit to be deployed in a Russian attack, with the Tank Regiment/Division being used after the breakthrough to push into the rear areas until reaching the West German Border, If they actually ever planned to stop and not take all of Europe.
Sorry, this period was the second area I started in wargames after WWII many moons ago (in 1:300), so have many reference books/story books for this period.
Have been reading from the beginning and wondering why I should have put this as "Weird war", Admittedly it is "What if", but then almost any game played is "What if" surely" ? Unless you are refighting an original battle then what you are playing is a "What if" battle! But that's what I thought, so maybe I'm wrong - More than likely!
Anyway If anyone wants any info on Unit creation for any WarPac force or NATO for the 1980s, contact me and I will try to get you info for it. Or for several of the stories covering this era, such as Team Yankee itself, Red Storm Rising (A story also involving the Naval element of WWIII, by the author of Red October!), Chieftain and a story used as a training manual by the Canadians! Also have several reference books providing info on the vehicles of the time - Although most were written in the 1980-90s so information provided is not always totally accurate as were still in "Top Secret" areas!
Am interested in how they portray AA, as in the book is definitely a "Their They Go!" after they have had their shots! So might be a One-Hit wonder which makes their use very tactical!
Have pre-ordered the rules for this and watched some You-tube vids for its play - Can't wait!
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Richard wrote:I was very tempted by the Russkies as I really like their T72 model and have always liked the Hind, however, I've ordered the Yanks as almost everyone I've spoken to has ordered or will be playing Russkies so at least I should get some games in...well maybe... :roll:
Or like me, ordered both... :cry_blow:
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:06 pm

MrDwhitey wrote:
Richard wrote:I was very tempted by the Russkies as I really like their T72 model and have always liked the Hind, however, I've ordered the Yanks as almost everyone I've spoken to has ordered or will be playing Russkies so at least I should get some games in...well maybe... :roll:
Or like me, ordered both... :cry_blow:
Unfortunately I invested most of my war-chest funds for 3 years in September so I'm pretty much selling to buy now, which means it's only one side for some time yet... :cry_blow:

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Yes John, rumours are the next two forces are West German and BaoR.

Watch the BoW section on Helicopters for some information AA, and yes 'airstrike' are basically fly over the table shooting away (Helo's stay on the table, but appear to have unlimited movement :?: - and the strange ability to use ATGW against each other).

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:10 pm

I got my two starter sets, and fair to them the card template is thick boardgamepiece card. I'll rate it £1. :D

And also the actual size of the tanks and helicopters, didn't expect them to be so big!

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Well, Team Yankee is in Firestorm - brought a copy of the rules to read, resisted buying models though.

They currently have the rulebook, both starters and boxes of APC/IFV models ( 4 M113 and 5 BMP), the M113 coming with lots of build variants, BMP's just as a 1 or 2.