Honours of War - SYW Rules

Mark

Re: Honours of War - SYW Rules

Post by Mark » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:45 pm

No problem Bill. I will bring the rules on Sunday if you are up..
Battlefleet Gothic: Imperial Navy
Bolt Action: British
DZC: Shaltari
40k: Imperial Guard
Space Hulk
X-Wing: Imperial & Rebel

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Richard wrote:Thanks Mark. I was also thinking about using 6 figure bases but just using 4 per battalion. That way they can represent any of the period formations (line, column of manoeuvre, column of march, etc) whilst the individual bases are big enough for a touch of diarama work, e.g. a wounded figure, sergeant with halberd ordering the ranks, etc.
Sounds like a good plan.. I think frontage is the main factor- although I think there is plenty of latitude within the rules..

What force are you planning?
Space Hulk

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Well I have someone quite keen to build a British army so a natural choice would be French, which is also my favourite Army with its lovely uniform variations of French Guard and Line regiments mixed with Swiss Guard, Swiss, German, Irish and Scots regiments plus such outlandish units as the Aquebusiers de Grassin (light infantry), and that's just the infantry. I also think the scarlet clad Household Cavalry regiments plus regular horse and dragons will look quite imposing. The only question at the moment appears to be one of scale as he's keen on 28mm. My big problem is that I haven't an argument against it as that's my favourite scale and I find the Front Rank figures incredibly easy and quick to paint. My only stipulation at the moment would be that he gets at least one unit painted up before I start...I've been caught out before! :cry_blow:

Bill

Post by Bill » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:22 pm

Thanks i could do with a good read.

Bill

Post by Bill » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Seem like a good set of rules although obviously for a limited time period. I'm glad to see that all scales are catered for for a change, I could rebase my Imperialists as austrian as there was little change in the uniform from the Spanish war of Succession, but it would mean painting up my spare figures as french and getting some flags which would take at least six weeks of intensive painting which i cannot spare the time to do at the moment.

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:28 pm

Bill wrote:Seem like a good set of rules although obviously for a limited time period. I'm glad to see that all scales are catered for for a change, I could rebase my Imperialists as austrian as there was little change in the uniform from the Spanish war of Succession, but it would mean painting up my spare figures as french and getting some flags which would take at least six weeks of intensive painting which i cannot spare the time to do at the moment.
Seems like an ideal club game- everybody interested is using a different scale! :roll:

Will continue to put together 15mm Austrians/Prussians- should be ready in a few years!
Space Hulk

Bill

Post by Bill » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:33 pm

I had a closer read of rules today, It's a while since I read up on the period but I disagree with his description of Light infantry as far as i know the dedicated skirmish line to distrupt line battalions really did'nt exist till Napoleonic times.

Bill

Post by Bill » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Anyone know any 10mm manufacture other than Old Glory who do 10mm Spanish war of Succession generals.

Bill

Post by Bill » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:30 am

Working on French troops will have enough to do small scenario from rulebook by next time I come down.

Bill

Post by Bill » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:18 am

The French are moving on nicely and the forces should be ready second week of October. Thinking about scale if you go ahead with this project I would do it in 15mm or smaller because by the time you have painted the minimum 160+ figures (both sides) you need to play opening scenario people will have moved on to something else and you will end up with a pretty army in a box. Lace war troops are very detailed and take a long time to paint in 28mm.