Gripping Beast goes to Rome.

Kevin

Gripping Beast goes to Rome.

Post by Kevin » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:45 am

Looks like Gripping Beast are keeping up with the Plastics - next set is '(Arthurian) Late Roman', and the next Saga book will the for that period.

This information off a thread from BoW.
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Richard

Re: Gripping Beast goes to Rome.

Post by Richard » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Arthurians seem to be in vogue at the moment with both Crusader and Footsore Miniatures expanding their ranges substantially. Good news! :)

John

Post by John » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:24 pm

Ooh Goody !! More use for my Arthurians!
And I was just getting out my Saga rules to start playing them again, although I was gonna use them for 900 AD - Alfred the Great. Use the original rules for the Vikings and the Welsh and add the Anglo-Saxons of book 2 to create the warbands. Can use the books from The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell as a time guideline with the various different Viking excursions. Was also trying to see if I can use Dux Britannium rules for creating warbands and different warlords for a campaign using the maps in the rules!
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:40 pm

Currently my Saxon force for Lion/Dragon Rampant will also function well for Saxons in Saga - none of those Dane Ax thngs for me, just a trusty spear and shield (and a mail coat).

I currently have, for Saga, 2 units (12 figures each) of Levy spear (the only force that can have reasonable (though not good) combat level and half a unit (6 figures) of missile levy (a mix of spear and sling - for some reason the Saxon's didn't seem to like massed bow). So 30 - fully painted - models.

And i have a box of Saxon Thegns to start on next - units of 12 for them so they can be used in Lion/Dragon Rampant, but 24 is also 3 units of Warriors (8x3), so thats 5 pts without the skirmishers.

And i like playing at around 8pts.
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:54 pm

The new plastic Late Roman's are up on the Gripping Beast website and look very nice. They will be available at Salute - 44 figures for £22 for anyone interested. :)