Sharp Practice 2

Richard

Sharp Practice 2

Post by Richard » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:21 pm

I've been chatting to a friend of mine, Mike Hobbs, who has run demos of SP2 for the Lardies. I am going to ask him if he'd like to come along to club to demo a game but obviously don't want to waste his time so can people who would be interested in this please post on this thread which Sundays in July they will be at club so I have some dates to offer.

Mike provides all the figures, terrain and equipment necessary so you won't need anything.

Richard

Re: Sharp Practice 2

Post by Richard » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:22 am

I've had a message from Mike to say that, due to other commitments, he can only make a visit to our club on July 10th so if anyone wants to see or play in a demo by someone who knows the rules inside out then you'll need to get to club on that day. At least you have plenty of notice... ;)

Peter

Post by Peter » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:53 am

July 10th is perfect for me. I've booked it on the calendar.
Minis painted in 2017: 120
Minis assembled in 2017: TBC

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:08 pm

Mike has confirmed he will attend club on July 10th to run a Sharp Practice game. He will be supplying everything required. Peter and I have already confirmed we will be playing but everyone is welcome and, for those who have already purchased the rules, this is the opportunity to ask any questions. It's also an excellent chance for anyone interested in skirmish gaming to have a good look at this historical option. Although we will be playing with units from the British - American War of 1812 (check this one out as it's packed with small scale battles, highly suited for wargaming) the ruleset covers the whole of the Black Powder period from the wars of Marlborough through to the Indian Mutiny. As you will see from the demo, you can play reasonable sized games with around 50 figures.

Should also provide a good photo opportunity for club publicity!

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:24 pm

I will definitely attend.
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:10 pm

MrDwhitey wrote:I will definitely attend.
Ok, who told you about the cake? :lol:

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:29 pm

I don't need to be told. I just know.
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:22 am

MrDwhitey wrote:I don't need to be told. I just know.
Damn, I'd forgotten the seventh 'Cake Sense'...foiled again! ;)

Richard

Post by Richard » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:59 pm

Thanks to Mike for putting on an excellent game which appeared to be enjoyed by all. In game and post game discussion seems to indicate quite a bit of interest in the system but some concerns over choosing a period and sticking to it...as if our members would be so fickle as to change their minds at all! :lol:

I'm ok to do a French force for the French Indian Wars, either side for AWI, a British force for the War of 1812 in America, either side for the Peninsula or either side for the ACW. Certainly not proposing all of these periods but happy to settle on one! Over to you guys. ;)

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:38 pm

Richard wrote:
MrDwhitey wrote:I don't need to be told. I just know.
Damn, I'd forgotten the seventh 'Cake Sense'...foiled again! ;)
In light of the cake tonight, this is strangely accurate.

I'm good with FIW, AWI, 1812 (ish), ACW.