War of the Roses *** Barons Battle Report

John

War of the Roses *** Barons Battle Report

Post by John » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41 pm

At Sunday's (15/01) club, Mark and I tried a game of War of the Roses *** Barons by Peter Pig in 15mm. The game was for 650 pts, the easier size.
The Forces were:
Force A – My Command;
3 x Generals
Lord Daimler – Generals rating 1 (Excellent) Provided Overall Command from the Centre, with a Bodyguard.
Lord Vickers – Generals Rating 1 (Excellent) provided Command of the Vanward (Right) flank.
Lord Armstrong – Generals Rating 3 (Poor) provide Command of the Rearward (Left) flank.
Vanward (Right) Flank:
1 x Retained unit of 1 Captain, 3 Fighting Foot (Bill), 4 Bowmen;
1 x Levy unit of 1 Captain, 3 Fighting Foot (Bill), 4 Bowmen;
1 x Retained Heavy Artillery;
Rearward (Left) Flank:
Centre:
1 x Household unit of 1 Captain, 3 Fighting Foot (Bill), 4 Bowmen;
2 x Retained units of 1 Captain, 3 Fighting Foot (Bill), 4 Bowmen;
Force B – Marks Command
3 x Generals
Lord Obsidian – Generals rating 2 (Capable) Provided Overall Command from the Centre, with a Bodyguard.
Lord Apatite – Generals Rating 3 (Poor) provided Command of the Vanward (Right) flank.
Lord Pyrites – Generals Rating 3 (Poor) provide Command of the Rearward (Left) flank.
Vanward (Right) Flank:
2 x Levy unit of 1 Captain, 3 Fighting Foot (Bill), 4 Bowmen;
Rearward (Left) Flank:
1 x Levy unit of 1 Captain, 7 Bowmen;
Centre:
1 x Household unit of 1 Captain, 3 Fighting Foot (Bill), 4 Bowmen;
2 x Retained units of 1 Captain, 3 Fighting Foot (Bill), 4 Bowmen;
After finding that I was the Attacker and Mark was defending, he had the following Bad News for Defending – Three late units and Several Bow bases lost.
The Pre-Battle Events resulted in Lord Armstrong being upgraded to a Capable General (Rating 2) and some extra Arrows for supplies, along with a Unit from the centre being deployed in Ambush in the wood left centre.

Deployment then occurred:
My Vanward went about the Village, facing no troops deployed across the battlefield, they were late arriving.
My Rearward went behind the lake facing a hill hiding Lord Pyrites command.
My Centre went facing some rough ground on its Right and open ground leading up to some woods.
Behind these trees were Lord Obsidian’s troops.

The Battlefield after Deployment

The Attacker started with first move so all my Generals advanced. Lord Armstrong called forward his units to advance, but was only able to motivate one.
Lord Armstrong on the Rearward flank also advanced calling forwards his troops, the first advanced past him and headed towards the centre of the Battlefield.
The second unit advanced to the edge of the village preparing to enter it next turn. The Heavy artillery just played with their gunpowder having no targets within range.
Lord Daimler also advanced calling on his troops to follow. The troops on his right advanced into the rough ground,
Whilst the troops to the left advanced forwards towards the trees.
The unit in ambush in the wood, lined the edge in preparation.
Then Mark’s forces prepared to advance.
Lord Apatite on the Right flank awaited the arrival of the Late units.
Lord Pyrites on the Left, first ordered a unit on to the hill,
Then he ordered the second unit forward towards the wood and the ambush unit
Finally Lord Obsidian advances in the centre, followed by all his units advancing towards the trees and passing through them.
As a final act the first of the late units arrive on the rear of the right flank.
This leaves the Battlefield looking like this:
Unfortunately at this stage we had to finish the game. As it was our first game with these rules, it took a lot longer than usual for the start(Pre-battle events) and first move.
It was a good game, which will move much faster as we learn the rules. The Pre-battle events give a good taste of medieval battles, with units being late and losing elements.
Last edited by John on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

John

Re: War of the Roses *** Barons Battle Report

Post by John » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:12 pm

Maybe someone can explain what has happened to the images. I used imgur as I was told.
Once in awhile,
AND HERE I AM! ;)

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:52 pm

From what I can tell I think you posted the wrong code:

This code:

gives this, no link just the thumbnail image:

This code:

gives this, the small thumbnail with a clickable link to the full sized image:

Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

John

Post by John » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:38 am

Thanks for your help Mr Whitey, but has anyone got an alternative to imgur. I have been trying it even after more of Mr Whitey's help and do not like it. It saves your image as it wants so I have lost most of the image I want saved. Then it decides how to put your image on the forum. So I will try an alternative until I get one I like.
Once in awhile,
AND HERE I AM! ;)