Flames of War 4th Edition

MrDwhitey

Flames of War 4th Edition

Post by MrDwhitey » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:19 pm

So, is anyone looking at this? They're streamlining the system to be more akin to Team Yankee.

The current Wargames Illustrated has eight pages of the quick start rules from the new system in it, and it looks pretty good so far.

The new edition is starting off looking at Mid-War in Africa, which is a period I've never gamed but always wanted to try, so it's already reeling me in just by setting alone.

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5411
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

Paul

Re: Flames of War 4th Edition

Post by Paul » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:18 pm

I personally have not had the best experience with this game so will be giving it a miss myself.
Games I play: Star Wars x wing, armada, imperial assault, bolt action, AVP, 40k, Guildball, wolsung, rumbleslam, age of sigmar, many board games.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Don't get me started - at least the historical information has improved since the 1st/2nd edition.

I really like the Desert Theatre, and they haven't done it any for of justice in the past, but it does seem they have a better plan for this release (I still remember with horror the 'special rule' that allowed Hanomag transported (which were rare in North Africa) to overrun fixed infantry positions, firing all the way.

Must say that if they are moving more toward a 'Team Yankee' rule type, that can only be a 'good' thing. Too be fair, I've nothing against FoW other than it was more of a fantasy game pretending to be historical (the number of Tiger only German forces playing in games I watched were too many), and I was playing Blitzkrieg Commander at the time (a better system IMHO).
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

John

Post by John » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:15 pm

I've always enjoyed this system. Started with V2 then used V3 when it first came out. Used to play a lot in Cardiff. Stopped playing when I came to Bridgend as no-one was interested in these rules.
Am hoping it will pick up with Team Yankee, so if V4 is more like Team Yankee then hopefully it will pick up.
I used to play against several different people with Tiger tanks and as long as they used a correct list, it never bothered me. Just meant I could use more tanks against him for my list and Tiger tanks burn as well as Panzer IVs and Panthers, just not as many fires! :lol:
And I like the way they seem to have separated the different periods of the war into Early, Middle and Late, should stop the stupid cross-over battles.
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)