Tale of 4 gamers

Tibbles
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Tale of 4 gamers

Post by Tibbles » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:54 pm

Honestly, I would consider a Necron force, but if I were to start such, I would want an army thats fun to both fight, and face..

..But then again, thats to be said for any army I would like to play.
Current armies: British Army ( Bolt Action)

Current Projects: Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Bolt Action: tank war

Tibbles
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Tibbles » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:03 pm

One thing to note, is that to prevent a lop-sided battlefield at the end of the year, we should idealy put point limits as to how much we may have at any given point for our armies, such as for the first week, maybe...750 points? or 500, whichever fits better.

matt cranness

Post by matt cranness » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:17 pm

it takes me a day to do 1 marine atm let alone anything more complex.lol

Matt
Warhammer 40k = Salamanders, Grey Knights, Tyranids
Warhammer = Dark Elves
Firestorm Armada = Dindrenzi Federation
Star Wars Armada = All factions
GOT Card Game = Targaryen
Mordheim = Reiklanders

PSN = Event_Horizon25

Tibbles

Post by Tibbles » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:35 pm

matt cranness wrote:it takes me a day to do 1 marine atm let alone anything more complex.lol

Matt
Aye, but its also nice to have a points cost to work for, so that you can play a game, no?

Liam

Post by Liam » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:22 pm

Not sure if I'm reading that right tibbles but I think 500-750 points for a weeks target is way, way, way out of the ball park the rest of us were thinking. I know I can't get anywhere close to that with a 40 hour week :lol:

The idea is to encourage people to paint what they already have or to manage their purchases and paint as they go along. If we tie it into games then great but keeping the points balanced at the end for a big game is secondary to getting stuff painted (well that's my opinion anyway). A squad or vehicle every couple of weeks would be a good target I think; taking peoples work schedules into account.
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 203
2018 models bought: 30

matt cranness

Post by matt cranness » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:41 pm

I can go for a squad or a tank a month with my 50-60 hour weeks...

would it be a good idea to each setup a galley on here for us to write up individually and show our progress...?

Matt
Warhammer = Dark Elves
Mordheim = Reiklanders

PSN = Event_Horizon25

Tibbles

Post by Tibbles » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:55 pm

Oh sorry, I did word that wrong, but what I mean, is like, say, a deadline of a month or two after the start, we paint up to 500 points, then after that, next two months we paint up to 1000, etc etc, then once we hit the deadlines, players can face off against one another with their painted up forces?

Tibbles

Post by Tibbles » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:39 am

Anywho, when will we be allowed to start building/painting these miniatures? im eager for a fourth army now :lol:

Marcosluis

Post by Marcosluis » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:46 pm

What edition of 40k do you all play, havnt played it since 3rd or 4th edition!! :lol:
Still go a dark eldar unpainted army, 30k dark angels ive been working on for about 10 years and some witch hunter bits conversions all unpainted :oops: !!

matt cranness

Post by matt cranness » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:15 pm

we tend to play the latest 7th edition one..

Matt
Warhammer = Dark Elves
Mordheim = Reiklanders

PSN = Event_Horizon25