Game system Ambassadors

Re: Game system Ambassadors

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:39 pm

I'd like to nominate myself as the ambassador for Batman Miniatures Game.

I was planning on running a "Welcome to Gotham" event on a long day in the future for a round robin (not a pun) type event to give everyone a chance to get their crews up and running or just try the game out.
Minis painted in 2017: 90
Minis assembled in 2017: 64
Peter

Postby John » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:20 pm

I also will be starting to push a couple of new games.
Firstly I will be planning on getting a game I have had for a while "Bl**dy Barons" a Peter Pig 15mm game set in the War of the Roses. I have the Starter display game, which I will be playing in February with Chris, then when the extra figures are painted, hoping to build to two 650 pt armies (Basic battle size). Anyone interested, please note below!
Along with that in February hoping to play with the new Osprey rules "En Garde" which are based on "Ronin", I have just received them and am hoping to get some figures for them this month. I plan on using 28mm "Three Musketeers" for figures. Redoubt do some nicely looking ones with good variation and plenty of extras.
So if anyone is interested in either of these games, please write below.
We should be having a busy time in February/March with lots of new(ish) games!!

All Quiet on the Martian Front (Human/Martian); Fanticide;
Frostgrave; Home Raiders (Gremlins); Relics (Britanan);
Flames of War Team Yankee (West German);
The Great War WW1 / Tank; Rivet Wars;
Various Osprey Rules Games;
John

Postby Kevin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:28 pm

Interested to hear your thoughts on 'En Garde', John. Was looking at these for some possible 'Solomon Kane' style gaming, more than our French friends - though a look at the nice 42mm models (Steve Barber, I think - does Samurai too) might change that.
Shadows of Brimstone // Dragon Rampant // Frostgrave // Relics // Godslayer // Strange Aeons // Wolsung // Dropzone Commander // Battletech (War of 3039 - Clan Invasion) // Armoured Clash (Dystopian Wars) // Dreadball //
Kevin

Postby John » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:40 am

Have been looking at the various producers of the "Three Musketeers" figures and of them all Redoubt at 28-32mm seems the best and largest range. I did look at the Steve Barber 42mm but there didn't seem to be much variation, at least redoubt do different heads so even the basic figure can be altered and I really like the 2 Terrain sets for the Inn scene, even got Geese and as most fight scenes in the Films seem to be in various Inns, just perfect for it.Now who wants to go with Richelieu, Rochefort and Madame De Winter and who wants some Musketeers? (Mistake made - Redoubt only do 1 Inn set of table etc, Eureka do the 2, one with geese!)

All Quiet on the Martian Front (Human/Martian); Fanticide;
Frostgrave; Home Raiders (Gremlins); Relics (Britanan);
Flames of War Team Yankee (West German);
The Great War WW1 / Tank; Rivet Wars;
Various Osprey Rules Games;
John

Postby Kevin » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:39 pm

Just a general query - is this still active within group?

I kind of hope so, as I think it was a good idea. If we are going to do this again, may I suggest we start in Jan 2017, and maybe use 6 month periods instead of 3. I feel this would be better as it would allow the 'ambassador' to do other things in the period. Also, as it would seem the uptake is most likely to be from group members wanting/willing to try out systems for themselves, it would allow they the flexibility to plan games (either of noted system or otherwise) as time can be finite.

I would suggest that any ambassador have at least 2 (preferably painted) forces for the game/system being run, and be willing to umpire games as well as play them with others.

And we need to update the 'what we play's part on the website front page.
Shadows of Brimstone // Dragon Rampant // Frostgrave // Relics // Godslayer // Strange Aeons // Wolsung // Dropzone Commander // Battletech (War of 3039 - Clan Invasion) // Armoured Clash (Dystopian Wars) // Dreadball //
Kevin

Postby Kevin » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:58 pm

Or even just have members register their interest I. Supporting a system, so people can approach them, and any new members have a 'face' to relate to for a game - rather than a timed period.

I'm like to stand for the 'Rampant' rule sets, along with some other stuff such as Relics, Twilight, Strange Aeons/Gothic Horror and various WWWII settungs

Must say, more I actually think about this, the more it seems quite redundant, even though s good idea. If you like a game system, you should be promoting it anyway, so kind of sorts itself.

Any thoughts, chaps.
Kevin

Postby Paul » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:28 pm

Added rob as ambassador for malifaux
Games I play: Star Wars x wing, armada, imperial assault, bolt action, AVP,40k, warhammer, and many others.
Paul

Previous

Return to Committee General Discussion