Wild West Exodus

Re: Wild West Exodus

Postby Kevin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Just noticed the Firestorm have the original 'Enlightened' starter in their clearance section of £13.50 (from around £50). Not a faction I'm keen on, but at that price, as a War Cradle have discontinued all the old starters, might be worth a look for those interested.

Enlightened is the 'Steampunk/Augment faction, so walking mechanical copses and so on.
Shadows of Brimstone // Dragon Rampant // Frostgrave // Relics // Godslayer // Strange Aeons // Wolsung // Dropzone Commander // Battletech (War of 3039 - Clan Invasion) // Armoured Clash (Dystopian Wars) // Dreadball //
Kevin

Postby MrDwhitey » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:44 pm

The problem is they've started preorders and the prices are just awful.

Infinity and above level pricing, for a game which has squads.

It's killed my interest almost instantly.
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar)
MrDwhitey

Postby Kevin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Looking at it, they seem to be pandering to the 'many heroes make a posse' starter option, so no hired hands in the starters other that support weapon upgrades. This fits with how I have seen people on FB and YT building posses, though it's not for me.

Oddly, the models don't seem that much more expensive than they currently are, and you can still pick up the 'old' models and hired hands from Wayland and evilBay at present.

Still going to build my Watcher's (eventually), and have Megan on the side of the paint table at present.
Shadows of Brimstone // Dragon Rampant // Frostgrave // Relics // Godslayer // Strange Aeons // Wolsung // Dropzone Commander // Battletech (War of 3039 - Clan Invasion) // Armoured Clash (Dystopian Wars) // Dreadball //
Kevin

Previous

Return to Punk/Pulp/Weird General