HOBBY MONTH GAMING - MAY - Wolsung

Paul

HOBBY MONTH GAMING - MAY - Wolsung

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:42 am

HOBBY MONTH GAMING - MAY!!!!

Hi guys, the committee have been having a chat and we have come up something that may interest some of you. Twice a year starting this May we are going to do a month of games for one system. We will start with a couple of tutorial weeks and then we will finish with two weeks of campaign gaming (depending on which system we are doing)

As a group we tend to switch from one game to another which is fine for some members but put some off getting involved in a new game. The idea of this is that you have a couple of months to get your toys and then have a full month of gaming to get involved.

As the games we pick will be played by others even if you don’t have models yet then some one will be able to lend you something to participate with. This is an inclusive event and we would like people to give it a try if you fancy the hobby month gaming system.

If it’s not for you then don’t worry I’m sure one you fancy will come along on the next one ( any suggestions welcome, November will be the next one. pm me)

As we have an ambassador and a few people are playing it lately the first hobby gaming month event in may will be Wolsung.

It’s available from ltd places at this time but micro arts studio is the place to see the full range. I get mine from eBay too.

Any questions drop me a pm.
Games I play: Star Wars x wing, armada, imperial assault, bolt action, AVP, 40k, Guildball, wolsung, rumbleslam, age of sigmar, many board games.

Richard

Re: HOBBY MONTH GAMING - MAY - Wolsung

Post by Richard » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Sounds like a good idea. I think that the idea of allowing new players to try out games before having to commit cash to them is particularly good especially when you need to buy specific models to play something as they tend to be quite expensive. I hope this idea is well supported. :)

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:24 pm

Yep Richard thanks for you nice comment. From experience that I’ve had we talk about a game I buy it then we all switch, this will hopefully help people have a go and give some structure if people fancy purchasing a new game and they will have the fore knowledge that they will get some use for it.
Games I play: Star Wars x wing, armada, imperial assault, bolt action, AVP, 40k, Guildball, wolsung, rumbleslam, age of sigmar, many board games.

John

Post by John » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:01 pm

I am certainly up for this. Have just PMed you with regards a possible game for November.
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Received and replied John thanks matey.

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:40 pm

Excellent! Better buy some reinforcements at Salute :)
X-Wing | Bolt Action | Infinity | Mordheim | Dropzone Commander | Wolsung

Liam

Post by Liam » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:17 pm

I’m well up for this and I’m happy to loan out my 3 Hero gang of Aelvan Yard to anybody who wants to try it too.
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 203
2018 models bought: 30

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:17 pm

Suppose o could move some Triad to the painting table.
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Bill

Post by Bill » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:29 pm

Had a force somewhere will have to look for them and rulebook.

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:59 pm

I'm in with my triad..
Battlefleet Gothic: Imperial Navy
Bolt Action: British
DZC: Shaltari
40k: Imperial Guard
Space Hulk
X-Wing: Imperial & Rebel