Adeptus Titanicus

Owen

Adeptus Titanicus

Post by Owen » Sat May 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Kevin

Re: Adeptus Titanicus

Post by Kevin » Sat May 12, 2018 5:55 pm

August might be an expensive month ;)
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Owen

Post by Owen » Sat May 12, 2018 6:07 pm

Kevin wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 5:55 pm
August might be an expensive month ;)
You didn’t need that kidney now did you?

:P

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat May 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Wonder what the 'Master Box' is going to clock in at :?

MrDwhitey

Post by MrDwhitey » Sat May 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Some people think £150. No idea yet!

All I know is I've cancelled all kickstarters and put a halt on purchases beyond Imperial Knights (and a secret game) for this.
Warzone Resurrection (Dark Legion),Dropzone Commander (Scourge),Infinity (Combined Army & PanOceania),X-Wing (Imperial and Rebel),Battlefleet Gothic (Imperial and Chaos),Malifaux (Guild, Ressers), Gates of Antares (Ghar), 40k (Chaos)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat May 12, 2018 8:01 pm

I'm seriously considering dumping Hellboy (as I succumbed to the lure of Godslayer again), as I doubt I will ever get much use out of the shed loads of plastic it gives and the money could be useful for this.

There is no way I'm not biting on this, even better memories than Necromunda (which I still have to build any models for), though in it's 'Space Marine' form. I'm just glad their going back to the good old HH to start, as it kind of limits the model range naturally, but give a base for future development - as Eldar and Ork forces (as I recall, the Tyranids hadn't made it to the main galaxy (so squats?)), Chaos was just a different paint job on Marine armour and Tau hadn't got into the picture (Dark Eldar not really a mass battle force).

If the pictures I've seem are anything to go by, these are going to be large. The Reaver Titan is bigger than the old metal 'Box' Warlord, and it's the smaller of itself and the Warlord.

I still want infantry and tanks.

Owen

Post by Owen » Sat May 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Judging from the pics I think the Warlord might even be about the size of a 40k scale Knight and the Knights are about the size of a 40k scale marine; if so that’d probably peg the Reaver and Warhound around the size of a 40k scale Leviathen Dread or a Decimator. If they are around those sizes I can see AT minis being useful for kitbash it Legio Cybernetica unite for 40k.

And seconded on the tanks and infantry demand. Apparently those will depend on how well the titans sell, but considering the eagerness people have I can’t see AT not selling well, so hopefully tanks and infantry will start appearing next year. At the very least I imagine we’ll see some of the baneblade variants considering those were designed to be Titan killers and possibly the Mechanicum stuff and things like the Capitol Imperialis.

Kris

Post by Kris » Sun May 13, 2018 8:21 am

Looking forward to this. Didn't have the funds for AT first time round. Am even considering the Forgeworld tiles :-)

Owen

Post by Owen » Sun May 13, 2018 9:19 am

Does anyone know when the original AT was released? I know it was in ‘88, but not when in ‘88; wondering if they’ve picked August to coincide with AT’s 30th anniversary.

Owen

Post by Owen » Sun May 13, 2018 9:26 am

Taken from Dakadakka:
Can't find the source right now, but some WF attendee posted a rough outline along these lines:

- Alternating turn sequence, so you activate one titan, then your opponent, etc.
- Various actions like firing weapons, moving faster generate heat.
- Heat builds up to green, orange and red lines. Red line = bad things happen.
- Void shields are restored and reactors cooled during an end of turn "repair phase".
- D10s are involved.
- Each Titan has a "command terminal":

https://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/948266-.html