Hobby month October 18

Paul

Hobby month October 18

Post by Paul » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:53 pm

What are we fancying as the game for the October hobby month. So this is as with the wolsung month we get involved in a game system for the whole month of October.

I will also put a face book post up if you don’t have face book then please put them on here and I will add them.
Games I play: Star Wars x wing, armada, imperial assault, bolt action, AVP, 40k, Guildball, wolsung, rumbleslam, age of sigmar, many board games.

Liam

Re: Hobby month October 18

Post by Liam » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:09 pm

Hey there fellow Castle Gamers,as you may know the result of the Facebook poll was 40k and I volunteered to set it up so I'd like to see what you think of some of my ideas for the October Hobby Month. My plan is to make it an escalation league where the missions get more complex as the weeks go by and people get more comfortable with the rules.There will be no prize other than bragging rights but we all want those anyway!

I'm not yet sure if we should start this on the Long Day session or start a week later and end it at the November Long Day. Any suggestions or preferences?

Please say if you would like to see any changes to the scoring system. I have added a Sportsmanship section as 40k is a community game and I think it's a good way of promoting that aspect.

Scoring
Loss - 0 points
Draw - 1 point
Win - 2 points

Sportsmanship
Please could, at the end of the 4 weeks, each person who takes part PM me on here or speak to me at the last session to tell me who they played that they would recommend for their sportsmanship. Each vote received will give a person 1 point.

Week 1
Narrative or Matched Play - Decide with opponent beforehand
It is recommended that people use forces of around 25 Power or 500 points if they are just looking to get a feel for the rules.

Game 1:
Deployment: Dawn of War (Page 216)
Mission: No Mercy (Page 219)

Game 2 (If time allows):
Deployment: Dawn of War (Page 216)
Mission: The Relic (Pg. 223)

Week 2
No recommended power or points values; just use whatever level you agree upon.

Deployment: Search and Destroy (Page 216)
Mission: The Scouring (Page 220)

Week 3
No recommended power or points values; just use whatever level you agree upon.
This will be a Maelstrom of War mission so please use the Tactical Objective rules.

Deployment: Vanguard Strike (Page 217)
Mission: Cleanse and Capture (Page 230)

Week 4
If this is the Long Day session this could be a good opportunity for a group game or a large 2-player game.
This will be a Maelstrom of War mission so please use the Tactical Objective rules.

Deployment: Not set; use the rules in the scenario for choosing deployment.
Mission: Cloak and Shadows (Page 234)

Let me know if this is what you were wanting. I'm happy to make changes :)
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 192
2018 models bought: 30

Owen

Post by Owen » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:46 pm

Are we still going to do the charity tourney the following month? If so might be best to have the November long day reserved for that.

Peter

Post by Peter » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:40 pm

All sounds good to me. I’m looking forward to it & prepping my AdMech.
Minis painted in 2017: 120
Minis assembled in 2017: TBC

John

Post by John » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:05 pm

Does this mean I've got to get my 'Nids ready?
Am I allowed to use them unpainted/Primed only?
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Owen

Post by Owen » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:15 pm

John wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:05 pm
Not necessarily...you could get your Space Puppies ready if you’d rather. 😜

I think so; the point is to get people playing games so don’t see why unpainted/only undercoated minis would be banned.

Liam

Post by Liam » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:19 pm

John wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:05 pm
Yes, I’d say that’s perfectly fine. While we all like to see a painted force opposite us, this hobby month will be all about new and returning players and so it’s perfectly understandable that not everybody can call upon a painted army. Don’t stress, just get some games in and see what you think of the rules :)
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 192
2018 models bought: 30

John

Post by John » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:40 pm

To make a force, I take it I am supposed to use the book Index: Xenos 2 for Tyranids?
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Kris

Post by Kris » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:48 pm

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi all,

Looking forward to October and I will be returning for this. Been away for some time as I'd had to give other things priority (I've had one game in the past 7 or 8 months is all) but that's all changing and this is great timing for me - will launch me back into things!

The escalation league sounds good but one question - does a player need to stick with the same army throughout or can they change about i.e. space marines one week, eldar the next?