WH40K Conquest

John

WH40K Conquest

Post by John » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:38 pm

I was wondering if anyone else is buying this magazine?
I know I saw Liam with issue 1. Since then I have been looking into it.
I’ve seen 2 websites about it
https://vincentknotley.wordpress.com/ and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dmLP464xdQ who give some very interesting information about the contents of this magazine and it’s subscriptions.
Firstly about the magazine – it is to come in 80 issues, £1.99 for the first, £4.99 for issue 2 and then £7.99 for each of the rest.
Each magazine is to come with plastic sprues (See below) and possibly paints and/or paintbrushes.
From what I have been able to glean, there will also be a set of rules developed in the magazines as well as info about the 40K universe.
So is this a good deal –
Well the first website above breaks down what you seem to get with a subscription
Firstly space marines approx. £348.50 worth of stuff as well as what seems like an exclusive Officer figure.
Next Chaos Plague marines Death Guard approx £315.50,
And finally what seems like approx £212 worth of terrain and pieces.
So that is approx. £876 worth of plastic. Not forgetting the paints etc.
The subscription is for up to 80 magazines. The first costing £1.99, the 2nd costing £4.99 and the rest then costing £7.99 each. The magazines are weekly and you get 4 mags per month along with other offers in the early deliveries
1st delivery – Modelling kit;
3rd delivery – Binder and dividers;
4th – Painting handle;
5th – A2 poster of Space marine chapters (Specially commissioned for this mag.)
7th – Paint brush set;
So the subscription would cost £622.21 and the magazines come post free. There is also a premium subscription at an extra £1.50, which then promises even more extras.
So if you get the basic subscription, you would make a saving of approx. £251 and with the premium you still save approx. £131 and that’s before you get whatever extras they promise!
The only down side I see is that their are not enough figures in either set to build a full army!
I was thinking of buying into the subscription and then adding the space marines to my Space Wolves and selling off the Death Guard on eBay.
Would be perfect for 2 people to go into together, one for the SM and one for the DG!
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)

Tibbles

Re: WH40K Conquest

Post by Tibbles » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:39 pm

I have already subscribed to the magazine, to help me get back into Warhammer after a long Hiatus

As for the contents, you do infact get more than an armies worth, at least three troop choices between each force, and your essentially getting the paint and the scenery for free.

Personally, the main reason I am buying into this is so I have a monthly model to make that benefits me somehow, getting a little bit extra to add to an already existing army is always a good thing! :D
Current armies: British Army ( Bolt Action)

Current Projects: Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, Bolt Action: tank war

Liam

Post by Liam » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:28 am

That's a pretty comprehensive summary John. I know that Peter and Duane have also subscribed and so you should expect to see a few extra chaos and marine armies on tables soon.

All I will add is that there are rumours that it won't be in shops after issue 4 and will be subscription only. If this is correct it would make some sense as issue 5 is the one where you get the exclusive Ultramarine Lieutenant model.
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 172
2018 models bought: 30

Peter

Post by Peter » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Liam wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:28 am
That's a pretty comprehensive summary John. I know that Peter and Duane have also subscribed and so you should expect to see a few extra chaos and marine armies on tables soon.

All I will add is that there are rumours that it won't be in shops after issue 4 and will be subscription only. If this is correct it would make some sense as issue 5 is the one where you get the exclusive Ultramarine Lieutenant model.
It's been confirmed on warhammer community website. The last issue in the shops will be issue 4.
Minis painted in 2017: 120
Minis assembled in 2017: TBC

Owen

Post by Owen » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Will it be purely subscription only, or will you be able to order individual back issues direct from the publisher like you normally can with partworks?

John

Post by John » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 pm

You can order single editions from Hatchette, but only if they have any copies left, ie they have sold out of issue 1.
Once in awhile,
Someone AMAZING comes along....... :o
AND HERE I AM! ;)