Godslayer

Kevin

Re: Godslayer

Post by Kevin » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:50 pm

From the Megalith Facebook Page .......

GODSLAYER KICKSTARTER - coming soon
Many people are desperately waiting for the Kickstarter, and we are working as fast as we possibly can. So here's an update on the status for those that are interested.
The Kickstarter has 2 aspects:
1. Launch Wave-2 of Godslayer
2. Re-launch the the game with a Battlebox
3. Tons of goodies!
WHAT'S IN THE KICKSTARTER?
1. The KS will have a starter-box for each of the 6 factions. These are all meaty boxes containing a warlord and a character and a FULL unit. So for example the Mortans starter-box will have a Cornicen character, Auxiliary Prefect warlord plus a unit of 10 Auxiliaries.
2. The Godslayer Battlebox will contain the rulebook plus two full warbands. The "rulebook" will be the full 110 page rules of the currently existing rulebook, and will have the errata corrections made. Essentially there are no changes to the rules because they are basically perfect! Isn't that awesome, a system that is so solid that you don't need to buy a new edition of the rulebook every 2 years!
The two warbands are 300-350 points each (depending on equipment options.
Halodynes: Godquester, Priestess, Syntarch, 10 Hoplites and the new re-sculpted Cerberos
Banebrood: Gorelord, Pestbringer, Alpha-Mongrel, Fallow Shaman, 8 Mongrels, and the re-sculpted Ursapine.
We are planning for the box to contain foam pockets so that it will double as a storage box for Godslayer minis.
3. It wouldn't be an awesome Kickstarter without tons of Goodies! So we are additionally giving away as stretch goals:
- a new subfaction! Mercenaries! There will be 7 mercenary models (characters and warlords), which can be played as a faction or as part of any other subfaction.
- There will also be 6 Avatars! These are high-power models for use in games of 500+ points. These are all gorgeous 50mm models.
- Additionally, there will be 5 full-color Godslayer posters.
- More interestingly for players we have some awesome special model profile cards - each of the wave-1 warlords will have an optional profile card as a named unique model. These are the same basic models like Demarchon, Centurion etc but each has a twist and a backstory and is slightly better than their regular version (and so cost more points!)
- There will also be special versions of the wave-2 starterbox warlords.
- Even more awesome - new weapons for every wave-1 warlord, new spells for all factions, and new equipment which can be used by existing warlords - opening up new strategic options for all Wave-1 warlords!
- And lots of other cool stuff!
CURRENT STATUS?
All of the minis are now sculpted
All minis have been molded, and samples cast
Almost all minis are now painted!
Graphics for the deals are almost finished
Artwork for all models and deals is almost finished
Play-testing of all models is finished except 1 model
Profile cards have been designed
WHAT'S LEFT TO DO?
Finish making terrain boards
Shoot the Kickstarter intro video
Shoot a let's Play video
Photoshoot of all the painted minis
Marketing, marketing, marketing!
Build the KS page
To make Godslayer an awesome game with regular fast releases for all factions we need to gain a certain size player base, and for that we need to have a great Kickstarter that is well announced beforehand. So we need to get it right, and that means it will still take a couple more months to finish everything.
Realistically we are looking at early April for the campaign launch.
WHAT CAN WE DO TO MAKE IT FASTER?
Simply stated, the ONLY factor determining when the KS campaign will launch is money.
Every cent and penny you spend on Godslayer products goes 100% into the Kickstarter.
So you can help - buy an extra unit to complete your faction or better still - buy a new faction!
As we count down towards Godslayer Launch Day, I will be posting regular updates on the progress!
Dragon/Lion Rampant // Warpath // Godslayer // Wolsung .

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat May 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Its up and running on KS - to be fair it might not suit everyone, but have a look.

I might have some Halodyne to get rid of in October.

Liam

Post by Liam » Mon May 14, 2018 11:29 am

The models look great but I think it’s still in the ‘one game too far’ bracket for me. It would be nice to see it take off in club again though; I think some people still have the old figures.
Games I play: 40k (CSM, Dark Eldar), AoS (Sylvaneth), Wolsung (Ash and Oak), Game of Thrones LCG (Baratheon, Lannister), Battlefleet Gothic (Chaos), Mordheim (Undead)

2018 models painted: 121
2018 models bought: 25

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon May 14, 2018 3:26 pm

I really liked this system - quite possibly my favourite Fantasy Skirmish game - but due to the combination of poor organisation and management it all became a bit of a dog’s breakfast and the game seemed to quickly run out of steam. I could be drawn back in but won’t go with the Kickstarter as I just have no confidence in the company after their previous performance. The models look great but I don’t want to buy into a ‘3 month wonder’ again so will wait and see how popular it becomes. I will watch whether Rob stocks it after he was selling off old stock at less than 50% retail price. Don’t want to sound too negative as it is an excellent game but just didn’t have the required company support last time around so being cautious. :?

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed May 16, 2018 11:49 am

Having watched the BOW interview video on this I’m actually feeling more confident. I think they may have missed an opportunity with the starter box as it looks like it contains existing models rather than the new releases. It also looks to me like pledging is going slowly but I don’t really have much experience with KS’s so I might be totally wrong. :roll:

Owen

Post by Owen » Wed May 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Richard wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:49 am
It also looks to me like pledging is going slowly but I don’t really have much experience with KS’s so I might be totally wrong. :roll:
Usually with Kickstarters there’s a big burst of backing at the start and end with a lull in the middle from my experience.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sat May 26, 2018 8:22 pm

New models are mainly the Wave 2 starters, though the 'Battle Box' is based around the Wave 1 starters, with additional models to bring the forces up to around 300 PTS, but does have resculpts of various models, even new models in some cases.

They have offered the option, though of fixed forces, to exchange either or both of the forces in the 'Battle Box' for any of the core factions, but only those. They have also made available their model range at a reduced cost (10-15% off), which do include the resculpts and new wave 1 models.

That said, this has not even reached 50% funding in around half its run time to present, so I think is unlikely to actually fund. There is a rumour going around that if they fail to fund during the KS, as most of the core development for the models have been done, they may be able to sell them anyway - and backers might be offered discounts equal to the KS ones.
That's all rumour though.

I must admit I want this to fund as I feel this game needs more exposure, and to develop so it can really shine. I was intending to pass on it, but couldn't in the end. And now I want to see the 'Godslayer Persian faction so bad - inspired by Persian myth and 300.

Richard

Post by Richard » Sat May 26, 2018 9:46 pm

As I’ve said previously, I had serious doubts about the game after the last showing. I really like the game system - probably my favourite fantasy Skirmish system - and, after seeing the video on BoW, was feeling more confident about things but the combination of reading and listening to the comments of others, the apparent lack of funding (which seems to confirm the low level of interest) and cost of the models - ok if it’s a game being played regularly but rather expensive for a game played a few times a year - then I can’t see me getting involved now. I honestly hope things pick up and I change my mind but it’s one of those ‘head and heart’ situations and the head says hang on to your cash! :cry_blow:

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Well, it's basically over and didn't make it's funding total - surprise.

Shame as it really is one of the best systems for fantasy skirmish combat out there, and I for one will hang onto my models, and even slowly expand them over time.

As mentioned, not feeling the urge to follow up on the 'shop' order, though the last update did state that all the re-sculpts would be added to the shop tonight :? .

Still not going to go mad if I do buy stuff, but the wave 1 Shadow Troll faction is REALLY tempting now that I won't buy the 2 player set (11 Shadow Trolls - Warlord, 2 Light Eater and 10 Long Shadows for around £63 without P&P).

New Try in November - have stated a lower funding goal (around £20,000, near what they made his time), and introduction of a new faction ('300' style Persians possibly, that have been mentioned)

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:19 pm

I have no resistance where this is concerned - pre-order placed using KS discounts (so will have 3 forces - Beast Spawn, Reaver Barbarians and Shadow Trolls). And they have kind of said that if the pre-orders don't hit a certain level (£18-20,000?) within the fortnight they are running it, they will refund all payments made and cancel the pre-order (so I might have the money back for AT).

Maybe sometime in the future I can push this as a 'hobby month' game - say in 2025.